Nokta/Makro Lightning?

Wow ! I feel like somebody does love me out there ! Just like Steve and a few others have said , they are listening and want to get it right. Not wanting to push out an inferior product before it's ready. Unlike some other manufacturers who disappear down a rabbit hole and don't say a word. This my friends , I can deal with.

• Like 2

I watched the Myers Detectors interview with Delik last night! (No Facebook for me!!) It was pretty clear that some changes were being made! But I still got some good information! (Thanks Delik😁)!!

I'm fine with the wait, (remember, chip shortage, etc...) as I really want to see NM hit the ground running with a stellar product, with all the right accessories, and coil selection! And try and lock down any shipping delays, so that we are not left waiting for an item to drop, like we have seen happen to others more recently! Tough on any business dealing worldwide!! 🍀👍👍

• Like 1

phrunt  
 You just miss the power of the Lightning detector. 
 It saddens me that you of all people didn’t like the name I submitted. Haha 😂 Who knows none of us may not like the name that’s picked.

One thing you can’t help but like Dilek. I believe she’s one straight shooter.

Reach your hand and feel the power for the last time .

Chuck 

B7F36508-CDF3-4E72-8DAF-A7F9F5EAF4F3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

After watching Dilek's facebook video I'm pretty impressed, it's hard not to like Nokta as a company. 

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=889745971917245&ref=watch_permalink

I'm glad they're ditching their 2.4ghz headphone system and going to Bluetooth, I bet they're going to use Bluetooth 5.2 and that will put them ahead of the competition for audio straight away for having the lowest latency audio, yet completely standard.

Interesting she said they've only had a very small number of leaks with the Simplex and they've all been machines that have been opened up previously by service agents or dealers and so on, so their waterproofing is much better than the competition.

I also found it quite amusing she reiterated they feel they only have one competitor in the market, just one, the other companies are not seen as competition.  I guess in a way it's true.

I also like they're just releasing one version of it, not a scaled back and high end version, just one, solves all confusion.

She said it will have a high enough frequency for the gold prospectors and will have a gold mode, now that could mean 20kHz so that's a bit of a worry.  Hopefully it ends up at least with 30kHz ideally 40kHz or higher.  

It's going to have flashlight and vibration, I think that's pretty cool.... a point of difference and I have found a use for the flashlight with the Simplex, quite handy.

Don't you wish all manufacturers would come on and talk to customers like that?

They can have my money now, I want one.

• Like 7

and because it is NM we can be assured that they will refine and update. they take a lot of personal pride in the performance and quality of their products. no i don't own one now but i have in the past, from the fores core , multi kruzer and anfibio. i like the company, i like the way NM gets things done - period.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm glad they're ditching their 2.4ghz headphone system and going to Bluetooth, I bet they're going to use Bluetooth 5.2 and that will put them ahead of the competition for audio straight away for having the lowest latency audio, yet completely standard.

I like the move to BT as well, but just going to 5.2 does not guarantee low latency audio, they have to embrace the LC3 codec as well.  If they don’t at least hook up to the LC3 codec (hopefully) or APTX (LL or Adaptive) the SBC latencies will be abominable- regardless of 5.2, but I’m hopeful they know that.  Also, not sure if an LC3 compatible hardware (headphones) are on the street yet, which could be an issue at launch.

One drawback to going to BT is that it breaks their current integrated wireless pinpointer compatibility scheme which presently relies on their proprietary 2.4 GHz protocol.  This obsoletes the ability to bring my existing wireless Nokta pinpointer forward from my Simplex.  That is a downer if there is no solution to bring that feature to their new detector other than having to buy their forthcoming (?) BT wireless pinpointer.  Hope that gets appropriately addressed.

• Like 2

They should name it Solstice, that would make a statement.  Sorry I had to. 😁 

Being a company that actually interacts with it's users on the forums really speaks volumes.  I'm good with NM taking the time to do it right and release a quality flagship product.  We know features will be great, and we can only hope performance matches up to it's competitor.  Time will tell...but competition is fun either way

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Silver Saver said:

They should name it Solstice, that would make a statement.  Sorry I had to. 😁 

Darn, beat me to it. But yeah, if they are gunning for minelab, might as well come out guns blazing.  That or eclipse.  What's with all the car names? Lol.  Can't wait for the nokta GTR

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Eclipse is a good one.  I like it.

what's  in a name? i hope performance that lives up to that name and perhaps more. NM has got a decent reputation so im encouraged.  Eclipse is a good one. i like it too.