Nokta/Makro Lightning?

1 hour ago, Rick N. MI said:

There not showing us much yet.

Which is sort of odd since we already know it pretty much looks like the Simplex, so either they are a little self conscious about the added weight and/or aesthetics of the rear battery pack they designed, or they could be hiding a slightly larger color screen. I’m doubting the latter since they could’ve just turned it off for the shot. Color screen would go a long way with me, all else being equal, and being equal to all else is probably a monumental task. Equinox really does sit at the fringes of raw performance. 

• Like 1

Signed up for the digital edition of W&E Treasures and viewed the Nokta Makro add for the new Lightning detector.  Sounds like we may hear more during or after the big dig in the UK starting on September 10.  No date given for us to look forward to being able to purchase this machine but at least we know it is coming.  Thanks Steve for sharing the article.

I've had opportunity to use FBS since it was introduced with the Explorer series and the Multi-IQ in the form of an Equinox since it was introduced. For me, these are proven in the field entities.  

If the advertising is correct, Nokta / Makro will be stepping into the arena of SMF shortly, offering what we believe to be the Lightning.  A big congrats for them for taking on the challenge.

However, I don't plan on selling my 800 to jump to an unknown performance detector. For those unhappy with their Equinox's, Heck ya, go give it a shot.  There's good reason to try something else or at least compare.  Meanwhile, I'll be watching with interest, like I've done with other SMF's since the early 90's. 

Rich

• Like 2

All of this sounds intriguing. I really like the idea of (easily) user-replaceable batteries. Although the weight stands out, especially given its straight shaft design.

I truly believe I could make more finds with an Equinox over my AT Max. But I just can't justify paying twice the price. Plus, the Equinox has other drawbacks which annoy me.

But with the Lightning...who knows?

Here's my prediction:

The Lightning will have street price of $500 (USD).

It will have more features than the Equinox 800.

It will have better SMF performance than the Apex, but not quite as good as the Equinox 800.

• Like 3

I'm curious  about the coil(s), maybe they will play a role in it's SMF abilities that we haven't seen before with other detectors and coils

Gotta love the anticipation of a new detectors imminent announcement!! And all that goes with it!! I'm gonna savor the flavor for a bit! 😛👍👍

• Like 1

I’ll post up some live links once Detectival gets going. Have to envy those guys in the UK for the finds of such historical significance and for events like this one. Definitely the mother of all detecting events. 

One dealing with this new detector will be holding the power that man has yet to be known until now. 
 When one extends their hand out and warp their fingers around the handle of this detector called the Lightning will feel the power surge up their arm like no other before it .

You try to guess what the Lightning will have to offer each of you but until you release mind and let it wonder beyond your normal existence you can’t visualize the power the Lightning has to offer you.

The Lightning is like no other before it because if it was it wouldn’t be no more than another detector.

So dream now and wonder if you may but you will be seeing your dreams come true in a very short time.

Chuck 

2526C36E-185E-456A-911A-3364DEDF2131.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

8 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

One dealing with this new detector will be holding the power that man has yet to be known until now. 
 When one extends their hand out and warp their fingers around the handle of this detector called the Lightning will feel the power surge up their arm like no other before it .

Chuck, 

After that quote, I'm afraid to ask what you feel when you warp/wrap your hand around the handle of your Tarsacci.  :laugh:

• Haha 2