Coin And Relic Detecting With The GPX 6000

14 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There is, as I have repeated myself way too many times, no loss of depth, ....

I am indeed reading all that you lay out .

And would love to get pulse depth, while retaining TID.   If anyone ever harnesses such ability, to actually employ it in park hunting (junky urban parks), is the day that the world will beat a path to their door.   If someone has gotten it even down to 50% ratio getting fooled (ie.: allowing that, sure, it won't be perfect), then :   That's the day that parks would come alive again.  Since, at present, it's 9" or 10" max, (and even that's max'ing things)  on a dime-sized target, when/if cherry picking with standard machines.

I know you don't want to come down to Sacramento , to try in turfed parks.  But if someone in CA ever harnesses this, for use in parks, I'd love to do some flagged tests.  

2 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

I am indeed reading all that you lay out .

And would love to get pulse depth, while retaining TID.   If anyone ever harnesses such ability, to actually employ it in park hunting (junky urban parks), is the day that the world will beat a path to their door.   If someone has gotten it even down to 50% ratio getting fooled (ie.: allowing that, sure, it won't be perfect), then :   That's the day that parks would come alive again.  Since, at present, it's 9" or 10" max, (and even that's max'ing things)  on a dime-sized target, when/if cherry picking with standard machines.

I know you don't want to come down to Sacramento , to try in turfed parks.  But if someone in CA ever harnesses this, for use in parks, I'd love to do some flagged tests.  

The GPX 6000 is not the detector you want for the scenario you are proposing.  For one thing, Steve's interrogation method only works if the soil is mineralized, otherwise, you'll be digging a lot of aluminum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I used a TDI for park hunting for a year in the turfed parks around Duluth, Mn. and It was a exercise in frustration. Sure you could Disc out a lot of the iron targets and even some of the junky aluminium targets by judging the tones etc. .. but high conductors like coins you were in the dark. Without the ability to ID various coins such as a zinc  VS a copper penny or dime like I can on my VLF Machines you ended up digging them all!  ( I don't bother digging zinc pennies for various reasons)  Zinc and  copper pennies and clad dimes all read as high conductors on my TDI  as they are all very close  conductivity wise.  I can't imagine that any other PI machines would be any better at discrimination from what I have read...

Michael