Summer Gold

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I'll have to go thru my old post, story is rather long. Quickly, I am Very Blessed to be Alive. 

Yikes!

If I understood it correctly air in the suit was giving you trouble in regards to swimming, or staying upright, head above water? I could see how that might be a problem but not insurmountable if you were 100%? At that time were you incapacitated from sucking water?

I've only had one near drowning and hopefully no more.

• Like 1

Very nice! Now if all those class rings had the same year and same school name you may want to look for the bus!

• Haha 4

WOW Joe !

You said that beach had a rep for rings so it must have been hit hard already..... And that kind of a rep usually means people were finding more than a few. Hmmm 

Maybe it was some kind of initiation or graduation tradition and everybody just tossed 'em on purpose ??????  

ANYWAY...

Guess you showed THAT beach who's da boss !

Id be crazy happy to have a pile like that in a lifetime of hunts  , so I guess you showed me too !  

• Thanks 1

It’s always a pleasure Joe to hear your stories and share the views of your finds. I’m amazed as usual at what is still there to be found. Happy Fall!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, strick said:

Joe they all look so shiny...how to you clean them? Tumbler? soak in something? I mean they look almost brand new.. Nice shooting and glad to see you are back at it after the mishap you had. 

strick 

Thank you!  A small Dremel SS brush for the deeper details, then Mothers Mag wheel polish. Best stuff I have ever seen, I've used since I was into motorcycles..in the 70's.

mmm.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

It’s always a pleasure Joe to hear your stories and share the views of your finds. I’m amazed as usual at what is still there to be found. Happy Fall!

Thank You! Yes, every beach I have hunted in the Bay has been dredged, hammered during the 80's and early 90's but then they set for years as the land was sold to developer's, mostly homes and town houses. ... then a few, marina's. Most now are impossible to get to unless from the water.. Over the last 10 years I have collected stories and pictures on everyone of them, from the internet, old hunters and old people that still live near by. some of the stories are unreal on the amount of gold that they use to find. BUT time has passed, things were covered, moved around and hard to believe.. they all are still giving it up.. My favorite saying is... One door closes, and another opens. You just have to be there when it happens. 

Good Luck to you Okara also! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

WOW Joe !

You said that beach had a rep for rings so it must have been hit hard already..... And that kind of a rep usually means people were finding more than a few. Hmmm 

Maybe it was some kind of initiation or graduation tradition and everybody just tossed 'em on purpose ??????  

ANYWAY...

Guess you showed THAT beach who's da boss !

Id be crazy happy to have a pile like that in a lifetime of hunts  , so I guess you showed me too !  

Thank You! Funny I never tell anyone the right place where I am finding the gold. So I talking to this old hunter and telling him I hunting beach (A) and finding several class rings.. about half way thru he said, We never found many at beach (A) but we use to find a lot at Beach (X) all the time.... Oppps .. I never confessed he was right but it did confirm what I had heard before.

This beach I was told... if it was sanded in they would take the Jetboat and go up and down it a few times to find gold.. Not uncommon for them to walk out with more then 7 gold rings a hunt. The way I see it I am getting the crumbs.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Slimpickuns said:

Wow Joe! Killer summer haul ya got there! Amazing how many class rings you pulled out! Congrats!!

Thanks You! I'm stunned also and kind of thinking this is to good to be true. But when things do settle down, then the next round will be to take the AQ in.. 

One of the crazies digs I have had so far, most rings are about 3 scoops deep, guess 12 to 15 inches? I dug a pig of a gold ring, almost right on the surface..(1 scoop)  I am still trying to figure out are they moving, or are they being uncovered? 

20210828_203921.jpg

• Like 2

Always a pleasure to hear how you are doing, gold or not, you never disappoint!🥳

Keep your feet firmly on the bottom! And stay safe out there!!🙏🍀👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1