Greetings From California

Jeffree

Hello, just found this site and joined.  Am just another somewhat humble metal detectin' pilgrim.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeffree said:

Hello, just found this site and joined.  Am just another somewhat humble metal detectin' pilgrim.

Welcome aboard Jeffree. Hope you like the place. We have some really talented detectorists here and a pretty vast collection of information. Post some finds if you feel like it.

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Jeffree !

A lot of what has been posted in this thread applies to you as well as oldcop !

If you have any questions about all this , just ask . 

(And if you have one of those maps with an X marking the spot , we'll be needin' a peek ! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR )

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Welcome to the forum Jeff,

Always happy to see new people make it here! Lots of information in both your "hobbies" here! So search, and enjoy the vast amount of information! And of course, share your travels, and finds!👍👍

• Like 1

Welcome to the site and please share some of your finds with us, we love to read what others are finding. Also please show some photos because some of us here can't read to well and like pretty pictures.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Thank all of you for the greetings and warm welcome.  Am back after dealing with some of life's curve balls.  My gold bug 2 has led me to find some nice clinkers and flakes, but nothing too exciting yet, in a creek that is walking distance from my house.  Am excited to get back out and find some more......

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

With dredging banned in California, I've been sniping and metal detecting.  No fabulous finds, but am still paying my bills and putting food on my table, as the fines and clinkers, along with pickers do add up.  Did detect a 6 dwt nugget though.  Had to put out an illegal fire on a nearby mining claim that an idiot started.  She tried to burn her boyfriends travel trailer...... and is now in jail.  That was an exciting (not good excitement) event.  I much prefer the excitement of finding pickers and nugs!  

I have 3 metal detectors.  Two minelabs and a gold bug 2.  I like the gold bug 2, cuz it is so much lighter (I am 71 years old and it's getting more difficult to swing the minelabs).  I will probably sell the minelabs......

Really enjoy reading what all of you guys and gals share on this site.

Jeffree