Hello From Nj

Tahts-a-dats-ago

I've long been a lurker here, and have learned a lot in the process (thanks to all for sharing your knowledge). And thanks to Steve for sharing his incredible wealth of knowledge.

I live in southern NJ (close to the DE bay). Mostly I hunt old permissions - sites that date back 200+ years. For me it is more about the hunt than it is about the find. I like the unknown aspect of it - who lost it, how did it impact them, what was their life like, etc..

My user name is derived from a Louis L'Amour book - Tahts-a-dats-ago was a character in one of his books (I used to collect books by L'Amour). I mention that because people often ask where the moniker came from.

My current machines:

Makro multi Kruzer

Nokta-Makro Anfibio (multi)

Tesoro Compadre

Garrett Apex

XP ORX

XP Deus

Minelab Vanquish 440 (bought it for my wife)

Best of luck to all

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome in from the dark side Tahts !

Quite the pile of detectors you have there , which one gets the most use ?

Kick the coals in the campfire and sit down for a while ....did you find anything good lately ?

Not me... But I'm not giving up that easy.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome in from the dark side Tahts !

Quite the pile of detectors you have there , which one gets the most use ?

Kick the coals in the campfire and sit down for a while ....did you find anything good lately ?

Not me... But I'm not giving up that easy.

Thanks for the welcome.

I haven't been hunting for a bit now - too hot and family matters (my father has cancer) that matter far more.

Once I can get back to hunting the Deus will get the use for awhile anyway  - I need to learn that machine so I know what it is telling me (better). After that - all but the Compadre and Vanquish will be used. The compadre is mostly a loaner for the neighbor's grandson (when he wants to hunt with me). The Vanquish is my wife's machine, so I only "use" it when I'm helping her learn it.

• Like 1

Ha, mind if I call you TaDa? 😀 Don't want to break a fingernail copying and pasting your handle.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing you grow with the Deus, and posting finds from those old sites. I have seen and heard it's a heckuva detector. I'm not "too" far away in northern-ish VA.

• Like 3

Welcome TD,

I'm happy you promoted yourself from lurker status! I suppose you may be familiar with many of the "personalities" here by now!!😁 We will always welcome as many as Steve can handle!!😂 Thanks for the intro, and I look forward to your posts!!🍀👍👍

• Like 3

Welcome. You have good, historic ground to hunt and a very good selection of detectors. Take care of your Dad, but take a little time to care for yourself. Cooler weather is on the way!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum and feel free to share some of your stories and finds with us.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 1:01 AM, Tahts-a-dats-ago said:

I've long been a lurker here, and have learned a lot in the process (thanks to all for sharing your knowledge). And thanks to Steve for sharing his incredible wealth of knowledge.

I live in southern NJ (close to the DE bay). Mostly I hunt old permissions - sites that date back 200+ years. For me it is more about the hunt than it is about the find. I like the unknown aspect of it - who lost it, how did it impact them, what was their life like, etc..

My user name is derived from a Louis L'Amour book - Tahts-a-dats-ago was a character in one of his books (I used to collect books by L'Amour). I mention that because people often ask where the moniker came from.

Best of luck to all

Hi Tahts. Welcome aboard. I like your attitude towards this hobby. (hopefully it is a hobby, as to some it is their profession).

Good Luck & Happy Hunting

• Like 1