Simplex: Concentric Coil

In a recent interview Dilek of NM said the company has no plans of making a concentric coil for the Simplex unless they get enough requests/feedback from the customer base that they’d like to have one and would buy it. So, how many of you would buy one if one were available and what size do you think would be best. If you don’t want to write anything, at least give a thumbs up to the idea if you like it so NM can get an idea of the demand or lack thereof for such a coil. I’m going to suggest a 9.5” coil. The benefits of a concentric coil are that in lower mineralization they tend to ID better, pinpoint better, and inch for inch give you more depth than a DD. 

• Like 2

She mentioned there will be no concentric coils made for the Simplex. The circuitry hardware and software programming is designed around DD search coils. It cannot be changed to accept concentric coils.

So if you want concentric coils, pick up a Kruzer, Anfibio or an Impact.

17 hours ago, Sven1 said:

She mentioned there will be no concentric coils made for the Simplex. The circuitry hardware and software programming is designed around DD search coils. It cannot be changed to accept concentric coils.

When and where did she say that? The last word I can find on it was that whether or not it would be made would depend on customers. It was one of her last interviews. 

18 hours ago, Sven1 said:

Just like the T2, remarkable.

• Like 1

It’s quite possible she did not have the information on cap at the time and this has been superseded, but I want to be sure that’s the case before I retract, although there doesn’t seem to be the interest I would’ve thought. 

• Like 1

Cipher  

I’m a great lover of concentric coils! I know we can’t do without the DD’s but I’d keep the concentric on a detector as long as I could. I’d say that most of the ground I coin hunt in I’d never need a DD coil.

So put my name in the pot for one.

Chuck 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ☠ Cipher said:

When and where did she say that? The last word I can find on it was that whether or not it would be made would depend on customers. It was one of her last interviews. 

I was a field tester for a number of models. She said that in a personal email when we approached her to make a smaller concentric for the Simplex. Instead they gave us smaller DD coils. We also tried rallying the Simplex owners to drum up the interest in a smaller concentric. Lots of interest!! Be happy you are able to purchase a smaller DD coil.

I have a concentric on my Kruzer. It has it's place in iron infestation and some of my river hunting where bog iron and small iron is a major issue with masking. General hunting a concentric has it's limitations with target separation.

For what it's worth I believe you can get a base 14khz Kruzer fairly cheap. I have the Multi Kruzer but over time have for the most part stuck with the 14khz. Not a whole lot of difference in performance between 14 and 19. Found lack of sensitivity at 5khz to be a drawback over its very slight depth difference of maybe 1/2". Beach hunting can be just as effective at 14khz as well without the risk of losing small gold.

As for larger dd's the Superfly is an outstanding coil with similar separation, sensitivity and great stability. Depth is better over the stock dd.

• Like 1