14k Ring And Some Clad

kac

Glad Garrett got you fixed up quickly. They are great on service.

• Like 1

Well done kac for your gold ring with the Apex .. 🙂

On the other hand Garrett has definitely an issue with their Apex manufacturing quality  . We are 4 active Apex users on this forum : Monte , Jeff MC , you and me , and all the 4 had to send back the Apex or a coil to the Garrett after service since last year.   🥵   And I know people over here have had issues from the discussions that I have from french MD dealers ...

btw I had exactly the same pb than yours , crazy Viper coil . Garrett replaced it ok but now I am wondering what is going on at garretts . They should communicate a little bit on this because many customers seem to be involved...

I hope that they will solve these issues because the Apex is really a nice detector 

• Like 1

I really think with the pandemic going on the supply chain is strained and quality of parts are much lower. Not a fault of Garrett or any other manufacturer just unlucky timing on releasing a new machine in some of the toughest times.

Things seem to be sorting out on Garretts end and that little machine really shines when working properly. I may get that ripper coil as from what you and others show it has similar or close to the same depth. Just holding up to see if they come out with a small concentric.

• Like 2

Nice finds, kac. You make me wish the Apex was available when I bought my Ace. It came out two months later 🤬 😀

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kac said:

.... I may get that ripper coil as from what you and others show it has similar or close to the same depth. Just holding up to see if they come out with a small concentric.

yes you cant go wrong with the ripper , the Apex is much more cumfortable to sweep with it , good depth , fast target centering ,very good in the iron trash . It is a big plus for the Apex ...

• Thanks 1