3rd Party Charging Clips Any Good?

brys

5 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

I’ve never owned a deus, but I’ve pre-ordered a deus II.  Does the new deus use the same clip?   Will it be a problem?

No it is not a pb . You just need to be careful when you put the clip on the coil + cover , and check that the charging led is activated thats all . And yes the butterfly clip is a little fragile and may break after a few years but it is a cheap component very easy to replace. If there was a major issue with this charging system XP would have changed it , so nothing to worry about to my opinion ..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They do break after a few years of use no matter how carefully they are used. Like Palzynski said, XP would have upgraded them for the new Deus ll if they considered it to be a major problem. Since the butterfly clip is included with the new Deus ll................

The good part is if it does break where the thin piece of plastic above the mini USB port acts as a spring, they are fairly easy to secure with a rubber band, tie wrap, velcro or tape temporarily or more permanently with one of the spring installations highlighted on this sight by another poster or by instructions on YouTube. The Detector Dodads clip (for North American buyers) is an excellent product too.

The bad part for new, unaware users is having a broken charging clip and seemingly no way to charge a coil with very low battery would be frustrating for sure.

In the 5 years that I have been on metal detecting forums, getting the charging clip properly installed on coils and breaking the clip is by far the biggest complaint I have read about. Definitely minor but frustrating.

This is just my opinion but for the price one pays for the XP Deus, Orx and Deus ll, and their much touted engineering design abilities, a charging clip that is easier to install and less likely to break (less complaints in the long run) doesn't seem to me to be too much to ask.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...