Hammered Penny Settings?

brys

had the deus many years with standard coils, having just got the HF coil i am still experimenting and have no real settings ,,trying all progs and frequs

last sunday was my first time out with the 9x5 on a flat plowed field and    just got small pieces of metal with good numbers and audio but too small to be coins .that was   using 30 and 80 khz

thats about it

I have been using a Deus since 2013 , the HF round coil since 2018 , the HF elliptical since 1 week ...🙂 . I use the Deus for coin hunting in the North of France , then European conditions 

For the HF round I use the following settings , so far for the elliptical they should  be similar :

- moderate iron trash

Deus Fast nr 3 mode - 5 tones - 14khz

- high iron trash 

Deus Fast nr 3 mode - 5 tones - 30khz

I dont modify other factory settings than tones ans freq

I dont use the higher freq at 50k , because of the too important depth loss , but it may interesting for searching tiny targets in the high iron trash 

Hope that helps ...   

DSC02844.JPG

• Like 3

did some experiments in my garden tub of soil to see how it reacts to a tealby silver penny and 1oz lump of pure silver .

it wasnt deep on the sliver penny .say about 3 to 4 inches and remote cud      show numbers  and no sounds in the phones so you had better watch for scratchy signals

at 9 inches it wasnt seen at all ,no numbers audio or horse shoe

on the lump of silver better depth and no numbers but in the right quadrant on the horse shoe

all on 14khz

more tests required

39 minutes ago, brys said:

did some experiments in my garden tub of soil to see how it reacts to a tealby silver penny and 1oz lump of pure silver .

it wasnt deep on the sliver penny .say about 3 to 4 inches and remote cud      show numbers  and no sounds in the phones so you had better watch for scratchy signals

at 9 inches it wasnt seen at all ,no numbers audio or horse shoe

on the lump of silver better depth and no numbers but in the right quadrant on the horse shoe

all on 14khz

more tests required

A hammered penny , unless you have something different , is a small silver coin 1,3g 18mm.  The max depth on such a coin is probably 4 or 5 inches for a VLF detector .No VLF detector will hit it at 9 inches anyway .

My advice would be to focus first on sounds rather to the numbers/display. Then focus on the freq , for such a small coin 30khz should be better than 14 .  The freqs are very important on a Deus , try changing the freqs you will see significant differences ...   And try the Deus fast nr3 program  

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

...you need to give the reactivity to 2-2.5 to get optimally deep results ... Top Vlf detectors are able to capture in light terrain 13mm hammered -0.5gram silver.... at 9 "...it is a little less for a normal search...

• Like 1