Cryptic Future For The Simplex+

This may require some out of the box thinking. In a relatively recent interview with DetectorShop Italia Dilek said there are future plans for the Simplex that she couldn’t discuss right now. Sounds pretty intriguing given that NM is an innovative company. What are your guesses about what the future might hold for the Simplex given that we know they have no desire to make it any more complex. This should tell us the plans aren’t necessarily feature driven. Then again…I do believe it was Dilek who had also discussed the idea that high end machines could be made more affordable by breaking them down into a series of software packages. For a beginner, once you outgrow a startup package you could buy progressively more advanced packages, growing with the machine and paying for it in more affordable increments. The Simplex may also be powerful enough to run as a two box attachment similar to that of the Garrett GTI-2500. What do you think might be the possible future of the Simplex? I know it doesn’t get us anywhere to speculate, but I think it’s fun to think about and see what people come up with. Over time we see how it ages. 

16 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

If they added selectable single frequencies while keeping the price point fixed, that would be one hell of a decent value non SMF machine.

If I remember correctly the Simplex was originally supposed to be a higher kHz than it ended up being. I can’t remember the exact KHz but I think it was 14khz, and that spec persisted past the point of prototype and well into testing phases. You have to wonder then if you might not be on to something and it has the ability to do that. One of the ways we could benefit immensely from internet software updates is sooner or later there’s going to be feature wars as competition heats up. We may even see that happen between Nox and Lightning if that’s the name. It might be a wise move for these companies to leave some features on the table in case something more competitive comes along. Push of the button and you’re playing leap frog. 

Well I would imagine there will be a Simplex 2 and it will include their multi frequency technology, every main manufacturer seems to be onboard now with making multi frequency machines (except First Texas but I no longer consider them a main manufacturer) and Multi Frequency has crept into entry level detectors very quickly.  ML is never making another single frequency machine and I suspect no other manufacturer will in the next few years either, as it just won't sell well.  The Simplex competition is really the Vanquish and the Apex, both are multi frequency.  It's behind already.

• Like 2

Who’s to say that the next update for the Simplex + could be adding another frequency. Just maybe that’s why it has the + after it’s name.

You may have a sleeping Giant in your hand and not know it.

Dilek is at work now being she’s 8 hours ahead of CST so just maybe she’ll chime in and answer all our questions .

Chuck 

• Like 1