All About Detectival 2021 Here

I see why there’s such a dearth of live feeds. All the people who usually live stream are now working for the companies in their tents. I’m having to watch live feeds in other languages. Thankfully the interviews are in English 

• Like 2

Nokta Makro gave away a multifrequency detector “when it’s released. It will be out before the end of the year. Keep your eye on social media.”

• Like 1

Despite the promising historical location nothing of note by UK standards has been recovered. No hoards etc. Of course that’s by UK standards. Any of us in the US would be thrilled to find what they take for granted. Still, this has been an awfully uneventful Detectival by Detectival standards. I do like the sounds of the new Rutus and it may quite well end up in my hands. Sooner or later the features it boasts should become industry standards for the high end. Why they haven’t already is beyond me. 

• Like 1

The sentiment that this location is a disappointment being echoed by just about anyone of note. Many describing it as “empty fields.” This area is rich in Roman and medieval history. It looks very promising on lidar and supposedly has not been disturbed to anyone’s knowledge. However, the lucrative finds in UK has been a great motivator to what they call “night hawkers.” I’d have to agree that it is very possible this site may have been picked over in some unauthorized capacity based on everything I’ve seen and know about the site beforehand. A lot went into ensuring this site would be an otherwise productive one. But that can also never be guaranteed, and night hawkers are a very sore subject in the UK. Anything loosely connected with it and seemingly innocuous here can lead down the rabbit hole of suspicion and resentment there, from camouflage gear to flashlight holders even to Simplex due to its ability to vibrate quietly and light up the ground. It’s been called “a night hawkers dream” by some. Anyone who has spent any time in a UK forum has come across the term many times over and seen how widespread a concern it has become as it threatens to destroy the hobby on many levels. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 1

“A night hawker" sound like our "Moonlighter" on the gold field here in Australia. As they say if you can't beat them join them at your own risk. The old shotgun with saltpeter keeps some of them under control. 😀