TDI SL Chest Mount

I just watched this Whites Video with Josh Bohmker.  He found a way to take a couple of D-rings similar to those on the old Goldmasters and chest mounted the SL.

Very cool!

snapshot.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a good idea to me, especially in wooded areas.  Could prevent some accidental knob movement.  I would like to see some more details on how he mounted the "D" rings and whether there was any case modification necessary.   I personally would prefer to keep the case unmodified.  Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, Cascade Steven said:

Looks like a good idea to me, especially in wooded areas.  Could prevent some accidental knob movement.  I would like to see some more details on how he mounted the "D" rings and whether there was any case modification necessary.   I personally would prefer to keep the case unmodified.  Thanks for sharing.

All I have is this Screen Shot from the video.  I'm guessing the D-rings were mounted using existing Screw Holes but maybe longer screws.

I'll reach out to Josh and see if I can get a close-up photo.

Here's a V-SAT set-up.  They were riveted on.

20210910_160900[1].jpg

20210910_160928[1].jpg

In one of the french forums... someone posted this... with a threshold bump protector.

tdi-sl-39e794d.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chiil said:

In one of the french forums... someone posted this... with a threshold bump protector.

tdi-sl-39e794d.jpg

NICE!!!

Thanks!

Walt