I Miss Oz

fredmason

Fred, Did you get out to Policemens Waterhole on the Finch (I think) amazing, enthusiasts from Tennant Ck. drag ski boats out there, 100s of ks on dirt rough roads for a weekends water skiing, relaxing, rehydrating etc. just an amazing waterhole in the middle of the desert.

Thats a great pic of a Boab tree.  I have only seen them in the Kings Park botanical garden.  My recall is right they were used as a source of food as well... had another nick name I think it was the mother tree or something like.  Lots of spinefix  so yeah I got the idea you were way north :)  Halls creak is an area I would like to play in as well.  Pain to work in though.  Snake chaps work great in it and a bit on the fire is a good way to celebrate the 4th :)  Lite my partners eyes up when I dropped one on him. HAHH!  A few cold mornings and he was kicking them out for his own fun ;)

A few more pics~

This unfortunate chair was a my partners.  Seems that night we were listening to the wind really come at us from a distance and, well I told him to secure things as we were in for a big blow....  well I got to preping he kept watching and when the wind picked up he got to securing.... forgot the chair :)   I hear "Ah Sh*t*" turn around and see said chair now filpped into the fire.  Well we resuced it and it continued to serve.

Picture one.

This is London Bridge in Sandstone WA.  There is a placard about it and it was a popular spot in the day.  Eroded now but the blokes used to be able to ride a buggy over it.  A place worth the visit.

Picture 2

Sunrises and sets are important events out bush to me as they can be the most beatific times of day and often set the mood in my opinion.

Pics 3-6

There are things to find besides gold.  Have not found one yet but Tektites can be found.  These little space rocks set the engineers to thinking about our space program and its re-entry vehicles.  My mate Pete in 2010 found this exceptional specimen...

Pics 7,8

Lots to see.  The rock with the hole is something that tells me I'm near Linster... gotta go to the miners mess when there... otherwise just keep your eyes to the sky and ground....

Pics 9-12

Cant forget our numerous friends, the fly's.  Their union workers you know... typically come on shift about 7 or 8am and knock off around 4 to 6pm depending on temperatures.  Other than that kicking back at the fire after a good day of swinging with your ute in the background ready to take you on the next leg is a wonder I miss but hey... you can really feel free in OZ.  I miss it.

Final pics.

Edit: I forgot the equipment.  My partner and I were both Zed's.  Big pick is mine... bought a smaller one off him for a gram but thats what we had.

Last pic.

SAM_0213 RESIZED.jpg

SAM_0517 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0229 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0279 RESIZED (4).jpg

SAM_0279 RESIZED (A).jpg

SAM_0308 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0532 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0533 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0279 RESIZED (3).jpg

SAM_0279 RESIZED (5).jpg

SAM_0349 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0391RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0230 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0284 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0554 RESIZE.jpg

SAM_0248 RESIZE.jpg

• Like 3

Fredmason,

Here are a few photos taken on a trip to the Western Australia gold fields.

1/ The Great Australian Bight on the Nullarbor Plains.

2/ The Great Australian Bight on the Nullarbor Plains. 

3/ London Bridge near the town of Sandstone.

4/ London Bridge.

5/ The top of London Bridge.

6/ Looking back to the town of Leonora.

20150529_132437.jpg

20150529_131655.jpg

20150620_111622.jpg

20150620_111136.jpg

20150620_111459.jpg

P_20150626_101759.jpg

• Like 1

Hahh :)  Dingo seems we both agree the most scenic side of the London Bridge.  My first pic in this thread is a panorama of the same spot.  Mayhap we were standing in each others boots.  However I suspect there are alot of memories from that perspective. 

Perhaps of interest, on a Boab at the boat ramp on the Victoria River, just down from Timber Ck, there is a brass tap cleverly fitted at tap height to a Boab. Must get around to putting all those ancient printed photos on PC, picture says it all.

Man, who started this...I am getting feverish with Desire...for OZ!

love the pic's guys...do you know Larry Baker from Perth and Melrose Station-he is quite a fantastic gold finder.

I loved the Pilbra and Nullagine areas best but doubt I will get there again.

more halls creek

sunrise or sunset at halls creek

my oz chrondrite on display at Bathhurst 

DSC00729 042.jpg

DSC00724 038.jpg

DSC00768 013.JPG

• Like 4

That is a sweet meteorite!!!!  Most I've found are little guys.  Whole point of the post is made but then your last comment... well I wont say I'm goading you to go back but. Yeah. ;)  Make a plan and do it.  Wallet may scream * know every penny I have does... and even better OZ does not use pennies!* but hey the baggage in memories is almost as fun as the doing... and I can tell you some pretty darn miserable times out bush! HAHH!

• Like 1

I noticed all the photos are from the North and West goldfields, so thought I would show some pics of the wetter Eastern goldfields.

1. Adelong NSW.

9be6b00efecd43954cc07847ee44cc9f.jpg

2.  Wee Jasper NSW.

c95a98484d20ce750ae21f3660c0f7e1.jpg

3.  Tuena NSW.

73eac01a9e8f5269a46d305851735585.jpg

4. Reedy Ck VIC.

8da8d32daf3df8e69a3bf46ac2445a82.jpg

6e15d2a2482ed51e3a25aeadd5efd0ad.jpg

5.  Creswick VIC

4409758794f98b4c869564af5ff0fc15.jpg

• Like 3