Everything But Silver

• The title was changed to Everything But Silver $#&+

Now that’s the way to hunt...dig it all...someone must a got there before you and cherry picked all those easy deep silver coins with their e trac 

strick 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, strick said:

Now that’s the way to hunt...dig it all...someone must a got there before you and cherry picked all those easy deep silver coins with their e trac 

strick 

You got me wondering. 🤔 Not too far from here (about 200 yards) I dug 5 really nice silver coins. Same landowner, at least his family. All the coins I've dug around this house (about 1 every 5 minutes) are 4-8" deep, and the dates range from 1897 to 2020, mostly 40s, 60s, and 70s. I've found at least 6 pocket spills, one as many as 6 coins.

Even an Etrac user or someone with a "deeper" detector would have got some of these, I've dug 69 coins in two days here so far.

Today I ran the Equinox with the Coiltek 10x5 in Park 1, sensitivity 23, F2=0, used all metal. Never saw any "deep" signals, i.e. tone but no ID. I did skip pure iron signals, only dug those that showed anything positive. I've never found a silver Rosie, but I have dug mercs, Reales, and a Trime.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Everything But Silver

Congrats on all your digs, and the 1800’s penny!!

If you want to dig deeper, swap your 10x5 for your stock 11”....I will guarantee you more depth!! But you’re doing the right thing in strip mining a home site like that.  I know you’ve had old coin success with your 10x5, but  If I used a 5” width DD coil in my parks, I wouldn’t find a single silver coin. 

I must not be that experienced, because I don’t dig that much trash in 10 hunts 😹.

Rosies ID around 27’ish, but a really deep one can ID higher (30’s), due to the up-averaging of the target by the Nox at near max depth limits of the machine.

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Raphis said:

I must not be that experienced, because I don’t dig that much trash in 10 hunts.

I don't either, but some think we get all this stuff with no trash. I dug everything today, usually don't. This yard needs clearing up so hopefully I can come back and get the "deep" stuff. Some things were unavoidable, the pipes that were in the low 30s and the white aluminum that was 21-25. I know what a pull tab sounds like! 

Going to come back here with the 11" to see if it does find "deeper" targets. If I ever get a 27 or 30, no matter how deep I first swing the detector a foot or so above the ground to make sure it isn't falsing. If I lose the signal doing that I dig.

I tried using the 11" in the area I dug the silver and didn't find anything new, but I'll try again here, there has to be something. Thanks for the info. 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raphis said:

If you want to dig deeper, swap your 10x5 for your stock 11”...

I was going to say the same thing, as others on here have said that the 10x5 is a good coil but the 11 will get deeper.

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Spent the entire day hunting

I have to say that you did a great job hunting, and after all the coins and other items I think that you may have about 75 cents of aluminum to cash in also. 

Good luck on your next hunt and find some of those silvers.

I also have dug up more pull tabs and cans than i would like, but I don't want to miss out on something good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

I looked at one of those Milk Bone ID tags for 16 years on my pup's collar.

It was "free" and I think I got it around 1978. No idea how many years they made them though.

I looked around for the age of the tag, one site said 50s. I'm pretty sure you're right, more like the 70s and later. Thanks! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I don't either, but some think we get all this stuff with no trash. I dug everything today, usually don't. This yard needs clearing up so hopefully I can come back and get the "deep" stuff. Some things were unavoidable, the pipes that were in the low 30s and the white aluminum that was 21-25. I know what a pull tab sounds like! 

Going to come back here with the 11" to see if it does find "deeper" targets. If I ever get a 27 or 30, no matter how deep I first swing the detector a foot or so above the ground to make sure it isn't falsing. If I lose the signal doing that I dig.

I tried using the 11" in the area I dug the silver and didn't find anything new, but I'll try again here, there has to be something. Thanks for the info. 🙂

Now that you cleaned that up for me, I'll be right down, Bob!  :laugh:

Seriously though, great finds.  Take your time and strip mine it since you have sole title to the permission.  Keep that 5x10 on until things start to dry up and then go deep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2