Everything But Silver

1 hour ago, kac said:

Sounds like it was cherry picked. Pretty much any silver I find here is in the toughest spots to detect for coins at least. Areas that the older machines struggled with. Now even older coppers are hard to find so I been hunting more jewelry in the aluminum crap. Not sure what is worse, hunting in aluminum or iron. Have a lot of new places to hit later this season when undergrowth is down.

I considered a land pi a few times, even an ATX but know that other than punching through the ground for depth the trash levels are just too high. I do well with all metal hunting to sniff out targets of the right size and depth then will use discrimation mode if I need to. Having a good threshold you can hear a lot of stuff you normally may not hear with discrimination on all the time.

I always run in all metal! Lots of Beepy Boopy. I am in Park 1 and 5 tones, but experimented with 50 today. Considered threshold as well.

I don't think depth is a problem here, more masking/inexperience. Time will tell if I am right. 🙂

• Like 1

By the age of the clad it seems like someone back in the day hit that area. More obvious targets like quarters are scarce. Thinking masking is less of an issue.

• Like 1