Annoying Drop Down Ads

This just started happening to me this morning, drop down ads.  I completely understand having ads on the forum as a way of income and I am not trying to say to remove advertising, but would it be possible to remove this “style” of advertising.  It makes navigating on the forum annoying and difficult because you alway have to navigate around it, at least on my iPad.  Would really appreciate just the old style, and yeah I have clicked on some ads 😊.67B03A67-2561-49B4-BC00-83A981E5163C.thumb.png.abe485bc65b31af9cc798941e78aa10d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hmmm, yes, I did not activate any such thing, and don’t know why it started. Google going power mad no doubt. I’ll get on it and figure out how to deactivate it. I like the setup as it has been for years, and have no desire to change it. Google is always pushing for more, more, more, until sites end up being nothing but ads. I promise that won’t happen here!

Thanks Steve!

Should’ve seen the ones I had to hide from my wife!  I turned off Google’s ad sense in my browser settings and now  I am getting a lot of ads for clothing she nor I would never wear! 😦

• Haha 1

Just so people know, the ads you see are not the ads other people see. Google serves up ads based on your browsing history, and lacking that, based on the site itself. It's all customized to each person one way or another, and I have no idea what people are actually seeing. I think there is a way I could track down aggregate ad information, but frankly I've never cared enough to try.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Just so people know, the ads you see are not the ads other people see. Google serves up ads based on your browsing history,

Now I understand why I get so many adds for snow white wings, halos and harps.

Thanks again Mr. H for keeping this forum the absolute best.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Just so people know, the ads you see are not the ads other people see. Google serves up ads based on your browsing history, and lacking that, based on the site itself. It's all customized to each person one way or another, and I have no idea what people are actually seeing. I think there is a way I could track down aggregate ad information, but frankly I've never cared enough to try.

Yeah ... when you allow cookies on certain sites those become part of your profile and the push ads that come with it.

This leads me to wonder what has afreakofnature been looking at when he is NOT on the forum here!  haha  I've never seen that ad before.  

• Haha 2

Steve,

I once suggested one of my website owners put up a Paypal donation block. I use Brave Browser so I never get ads, sorry about that... I've also "opted out" of most Google ad stuff.

Just a thought, if it ever gets too much. I for one would donate. Thanks for this great forum. None better. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Then according to Google, my liver is dying and I'm interested in women's underwear.....do they know something about me that I don't know? 😆

• Haha 5