Nice hunt and the effort you put into it looks to be worth the rewards... add a little luck into the equation and then you're golden. 

strick

• Like 1

This was yesterday's beach hunt with the 11", and a mushy beach! Those "gold" Stella caps are maddening, and look like gold in the hole!! And the "tiny" targets that fall through the holes are fun too!!🤣👍👍

20210912_135341.jpg

20210913_102347.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, kac said:

Beaches down the coast were the same, everything was washed out and all soft sand from top. Quite a few lobster traps washed up too along with tons of pieces of them. I chickened out on using my pi.

Good haul.

Yeah, 2 of those lobster traps washed up on the beach I hunted too. It's the broken pieces that are annoying to dig. You can't pass them up and they can sink fairly deep too.

9 hours ago, Joe D. said:

This was yesterday's beach hunt with the 11", and a mushy beach! Those "gold" Stella caps are maddening, and look like gold in the hole!! And the "tiny" targets that fall through the holes are fun too!!🤣👍👍

20210912_135341.jpg

20210913_102347.jpg

If it's sanded in that's all you get. Some of the targets look like they were either dredged up or were there for a bit, but most targets I get in these conditions look fairly new. We just have to wait it out.

• Like 2

Good warmup to what I expect will be a great season for you.  I assume you are one of the first (in the world) to try the ML GPX6000 on a saltwater beach.  That means no one to compare notes with -- you're on your own.  If you can't get the DD to work on your next outing I hope you can send it in for a replacement.  ML ought to give you extra attention given your track record on the beaches with your X5k.  Hopefully more than just ML-USA takes notice....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good warmup to what I expect will be a great season for you.  I assume you are one of the first (in the world) to try the ML GPX6000 on a saltwater beach.  That means no one to compare notes with -- you're on your own.  If you can't get the DD to work on your next outing I hope you can send it in for a replacement.  ML ought to give you extra attention given your track record on the beaches with your X5k.  Hopefully more than just ML-USA takes notice....

Thanks. It may not be a defective coil. It seems that detector manufacturing is taking a turn from what previous models were designed to do. They are more focused on a particular task (and customer) as opposed to working for a broad range of scenario. They will still work other places than they were not specifically designed for, but I have to remember that this is a gold machine and when they say all gold, all soils, all the time, they meant gold only!😄 Even the DD coil is engineered differently than previous DD coils were. That is why after market coils are a necessity for me. My biggest fear was that I am limited to just a couple of options when I run into trouble, like I did on that beach. It didn't like the damp sand.... so now what? It goes into the trunk and the 5000 comes out 😄 The 6000 worked awesome with the 11" mono coil for regular dirt hunting the 14DD, not so much but still had its pluses. I will try again with both coils on a dry sand, but heavy EMI beach. But rest assured, I will have the 5000 and Nox standing by. It's just such a different machine that the 5000 is. I understand why they kept the GPX name, but for me it's not the GPX I grew to love. Now the gold guys??? They are in heaven with this machine. I envy them for bringing fun back to nugget hunting.

• Like 2

I figured I'd try and keep my beach hunts in one thread if I can remember 😶Beach hunt # 2 is in the books. Headed to my heavy EMI beach to try the 6000 there. This is actually my better gold beach too. There were too many people there to try the dry sand, so the 6000 and 5000 stayed in the car. I figured I would spend some needed time with the Equinox. It did fairly well last hunt and I really needed to get some settings down. So, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, I ran the 800. I was in the digging mood, so I dug a lot of junk targets. Not much change on this beach, as there are a lot of regulars hunting it. I was not alone, there was another guy with the Equinox giving me the stink eye for detecting his beach 😄. Every season I break my spade and yesterday was the day, so I am good for a while now. Not much of a low tide, but it did expose 3 rings. Each one looked good for a short while, but that mother’s ring was deep, and I really thought it was going to be 9K. So, 3 junk rings to add to the collection. I finally hit silver with a nice 925 bracelet. Another odd find was one that was going to burn a hole in someone’s pocket. A BMW car fob. That can’t be cheap to replace. Since everything is sanded in, I may just run the Equinox until I see some erosion happening. This also gives me time to try some new beaches to see what I can turn up. It’s always great to get out and exercise the old legs for the day. Weather was perfect, light breeze, cloudy, and warm – the perfect detecting weather!!!

P9180225.JPG

P9180233.JPG

P9180232.JPG

P9180234.JPG

P9180226.JPG

P9180227.JPG

P9180228.JPG

P9180229.JPG

P9180230.JPG

• Like 8

You definitely put in a long day! And did a great job cleaning up the beach!😜 All "practice" finds, for better conditions!!😁

Funny you mentioned the "stink eye" you got! On my hunt above, I got the the "stink head shake" after waving at another hunter I gave a wide berth too!! That was a first!!🤣👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3