10 hours ago, Joe D. said:

You definitely put in a long day! And did a great job cleaning up the beach!😜 All "practice" finds, for better conditions!!😁

Funny you mentioned the "stink eye" you got! On my hunt above, I got the the "stink head shake" after waving at another hunter I gave a wide berth too!! That was a first!!🤣👍👍

Most of the time if you get to talking with them, they end up being OK, but from a distance you get the stink eye. 😄 I think the problem was that I was detecting an area he already covered. There were two holes on this little island spot that emerges as the tide recedes, that he dug. When I left there were another 10 holes dug there. I think he was worried I found some great stuff. But I was digging it all, so mostly deep pull tabs and other junk.

9 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

8 1/2 hours ,,,that's not hunting . It's an expedition !

Looks like you managed to tune 'er in !

Thanks. If I lived closer to the beach, the hunts would be shorter. But driving all that way, I have to get the most out of it. Once a week is not enough but that's what I get, so I maximize my hunts. Usually my body tells me when we're done 🙄

• Like 4

On 9/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, strick said:

Nice hunt and the effort you put into it looks to be worth the rewards... add a little luck into the equation and then you're golden. 

strick

Thanks. The beaches are hit fairly hard by locals, so the deeper, better stuff comes later as the winter takes its toll on the beach. Once we lose all that sanded in effect, the deeper targets start to appear at depth. That's when the PI reaches just deep enough to get the goods before the beach erodes some more and the VLF's can cherry pick it. My dream is to live 5 minutes from a couple of beaches, so I can detect all week.

• Like 3

Maybe we should house swap! I'm five minutes from the beaches, but want to be somewhere inland, out of state, and historic!🤣 "Grass is always greener" and all!!

Actually getting it ready to sell, do to large house value increase!!👍👍

4 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Maybe we should house swap! I'm five minutes from the beaches, but want to be somewhere inland, out of state, and historic!🤣 "Grass is always greener" and all!!

Actually getting it ready to sell, do to large house value increase!!👍👍

I got a better idea.... sell your house, buy one in New England on the coast and then trade for my house. 🥰

• Haha 1

Thats alot of digging!!🥵

Great example for a new person, of trash to treasure ratio, when digging everything!!👍

• Like 2

How deep is most of that if it's out of range of the Equinox? Yikes. That is a lot of work. Great to be out tho! 👍

• Like 1

Were going to have to start calling you superman with all that digging...and looks like your living up to your name as well At  least you can get lucky once in a while and I think some might be heading your way...I was at a small swimming hole last week digging like a mad man anything that made  the slightest peep on my excal when I got a nice high tone... I lifted my scoop out of the water and there dangling out of the scoop is a nice women's thin 14 k gold chain! I said myself wait a minute those don't make high tones and thats when I seen the dime in the scoop 😄

strick

• Haha 5
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Thats alot of digging!!🥵

Great example for a new person, of trash to treasure ratio, when digging everything!!👍

I dig way more than I need to. I could have spent more time on the iron targets and probably not dug the larger targets. But those small pieces of lobster traps can fool you almost always when they are at depth. I do it mostly to see what this beach is made of. This beach is different from my other beaches. It has a lot more lobster trap pieces, a lot of small melted aluminum globs, and some kind of zinc remnants. I need to know what's there before I pick and choose my targets on sanded in beaches. In prime areas I dig it all, even knowing the iron targets.

36 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

How deep is most of that if it's out of range of the Equinox? Yikes. That is a lot of work. Great to be out tho! 👍

15" in some areas, but the EQ was having a rough time even on dry sand. Not sure why, maybe I had the sensitivity up too high at 22.

3 minutes ago, strick said:

Were going to have to start calling you superman with all that digging...and looks like your living up to your name as well At  least you can get lucky once in a while and I think some might be heading your way...I was at a small swimming hole last week digging like a mad man anything that made  the slightest peep on my excal when I got a nice high tone... I lifted my scoop out of the water and there dangling out of the scoop is a nice women's thin 14 k gold chain! I said myself wait a minute those don't make high tones and thats when I seen the dime in the scoop 😄

strick

I can relate to seeing a gold chain dangling. The same thing happened to me while digging a deep iron target with the CTX a couple of years ago. Mine partially fell out of the sidewall when I was digging. Takes a minute for the brain to catch up with the eyes 😍 Who knows how long any of us get to detect before we can't do it anymore. I just started to use a scoop when I dig close to the water's edge. I always use a small spade and dig from my knees. That's either building my muscles around my knees or ruining them. I'm betting on the first part, but if they go, I'll be cleaning all the crap I have found for over 50 years 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/19/2021 at 7:41 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

My dream is to live 5 minutes from a couple of beaches, so I can detect all week.

I can tell you right now that is a major advantage. All of the beaches I hunt are any where from 15 to 45 minutes, being that close I can cherry pick the days I hunt. Most of the time the small window opens once a week for about 4 to 5 hours. And that maybe all I hunt that week but it is productive.. Most of the time.  I'm sure if you were that close you would be cleaning up. 

• Like 1