Yep, I'm rich from that hunt! 😁 That round thing is junk. Probably the front part of a button. I just picked up a used E Trac, so a little beach dirt hunting for part of the day on my next hunt. The E Trac was a great deep silver machine.... let's see how it stacks up against Equinox, Deus and a bunch of other machines that have pounded that field. They reportedly took well over 500 silvers out of there. We shall see.

I'm very much looking forward to that. 🙂

I was thinking that it might be a slug punch out from an electric box, though who knows why it would be on a beach. 🤔

• Like 1

Thanks Joe. Hopefully I will get back into the swing of finding some good things 😄, otherwise you can drool over my aluminum.

With everything going up, hang on to that aluminum, it could be worth tens of dollars one day! 😆

Sorry to hear about your coil. Hopefully a replacement will find you soon.

Good on you for the cleanup efforts. I look at it as paying it forward. Sometimes when I pick up a wad of trash, I get a good target nearby. Also, when people in my local parks see me coming, they just smile and say "Here comes the trash man"! 😎

• Like 3

With everything going up, hang on to that aluminum, it could be worth tens of dollars one day! 😆

Sorry to hear about your coil. Hopefully a replacement will find you soon.

Good on you for the cleanup efforts. I look at it as paying it forward. Sometimes when I pick up a wad of trash, I get a good target nearby. Also, when people in my local parks see me coming, they just smile and say "Here comes the trash man"! 😎

I'm going to melt all my aluminum into one big pull tab and bury it a foot deep for the next guy 😄 My line to people I talk to on the beach is" "I'm an unpaid sanitation worker". They just look at me funny after that. 😶

• Haha 4

Beach hunt # 10 was a little different this time around. I picked up a used E Trac specifically for finding deep silver on grass settings, and that is what I tried to do for the next 7 hours. I didn’t even touch the beach sand for the whole day. Except for some headphones problems (both sets), I had a decent first hunt. I am not new to the E Trac, since I owned one before, so that helped me a lot in setting it up for this hunt. The grassy area I hunted was one that a fellow detectorist says was hunted many detectorists and had been hit for many years. He and his friend alone pulled over 500 silvers from there. I believe it since the  beach area has produced a ton of silver for me. So, my hopes were high, but a bit hesitant since it had been worked over well. They definitely cherry picked that area for silver and purposely left many copper cents. I did manage to get 4 silvers and I’m I am happy with that. I mostly went for high conductors, but I did try for some gold as you can tell from the pull tabs in the pictures. The E Trac did just what I remember it doing well. If anyone has used a specific brand of wireless headphone on an E Trac, I would love to hear how it turned out and what model you used. Great weather and just plain fun detecting 🙂

PB110224.JPG

PB110225.JPG

PB110222.JPG

PB110223.JPG

• Like 6

Wow, aside from the silver that looks like a couple hours at a campground for me 😀 the Etrac is still a contender huh? Must be fun to switch up.

• Like 2

One of each of our USA 20th Century silver dimes plus a major bonus -- silver half.  Nice!  How'd your buddies miss that chunkie?

I only see one 5 center (Jeffie) in your non-silver coins photo.  Obviously you were ignoring that zone.  Given how good the ML E-Trac is separating silver dimes from 95% copper pennies, isn't it good at distinguishing the nickels from the typical imposters (especially pulltabs)?  Does that have something to do with its transmitted-received frequencies??

• Like 2

Wow, aside from the silver that looks like a couple hours at a campground for me 😀 the Etrac is still a contender huh? Must be fun to switch up.

You must have the same people cherry picking them campgrounds 😄 The E Trac is one of those machines that can still pull it's weight even though it is slow compared to today's standards. It has just enough options to give you decent control over different situations. It will always be good for deep silver and very decent target ID. It was fun digging dirt instead of sand.

One of each of our USA 20th Century silver dimes plus a major bonus -- silver half.  Nice!  How'd your buddies miss that chunkie?

I only see one 5 center (Jeffie) in your non-silver coins photo.  Obviously you were ignoring that zone.  Given how good the ML E-Trac is separating silver dimes from 95% copper pennies, isn't it good at distinguishing the nickels from the typical imposters (especially pulltabs)?  Does that have something to do with its transmitted-received frequencies??

The half and also the barber dime were both co-located with iron.  I had a lot of the iron discriminated out, so the silver came through after working the signal a bit.. They was just enough distance from the iron to coin to hit them in the direction I was coming from.  The E Trac is very good, although not perfect, in telling copper from silver. I could have not dug those copper cents, but I was looking for some worn silver that would read just like Memorials do.  On pull tabs, there are too many variations for me to pick out only the nickels. Some of those pull tabs read 12-13, 13-12. Too close to nickels (and gold) for me. Plus when they are bent or folded over and deeper they may read a bit different. I left a ton of those signals in the ground for someone else. I'm not sure how the E Trac works in regards to distinguishing low conductors vs high conductors, but it seems easier to tell the high conductors for me. I remember when I sold my E Trac and then realized I would no longer be able to just pass my cents under the coil to tell if they were copper or zinc.... I would have to now read every date in order to separate them ☹️ I really was excited that the E Trac pulled some silver from this field considering that I am very late to the game. I can only imagine the first person to realize that the field is loaded with silver 😲

• Like 3

Beach hunt # 11 was a final try for some silver from the grassy area with the E Trac. I’m of the opinion that there are very few silvers left there, even though it would take many, many trips to cover all the ground. The coins are just too shallow to miss the silver. Any silver found here is because the area is huge, so some will be missed, or it is co-located with iron.  I worked it for 5 hours and finally found the silver Washington on the way back to the car. Now I understand how the copper cents can be left undug while being fairly confident that all the silvers are removed. Good for them over the years to cleanse this field of all that rubbish silver. 😄 5 hours digging dirt was enough for me, so I changed over to the GPX and did some selective beach hunting. Only 2 hours until the sun set, so I gambled a bit in where is the best area to go. Still sanded in,  I opted for the fresh drop zone. No skill was involved in the recovery of the 14K gold ring, just the luck of wandering around. Great weather, hoping it lasts for a couple more trips, and then the full winter gear hits. Not a bad day with one silver and 1 gold. I have to think about next weeks hunt, as this beach is running dry. ☹️Great to get out and see the sun set in one direction, while the huge moon rose in the other. Until the next hunt…..

PB190222.JPG

PB190224.JPG

PB190225.JPG

PB190223.JPG

PB190226.JPG

PB190229.JPG

• Like 7

Still not comfortable enough with the 6000? Thought you had one. 🤔

They're gonna thank you for cleaning up all the clad... Nice ring! 👍

• Like 1

I’d rather be lucky than skillful sometimes seems like your persistence has paid off and that is a skill in itself nice ring !

strick

• Like 1