14 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Isn't this mild winter great? ๐Ÿ˜€ Another great hunt for you. I'd take a buffalo nickel, some silver and a day outside anytime.

Isn't this beach hunt #1 for 2022? ๐Ÿ˜€ I guess you have a season rather than a year. You're really doing the beachgoers a favor.ย 

Tomorrow the mid Atlantic is gonna get slammed with our first really cold day and snow. The only thing good about it is it won't last. ๐Ÿ˜€

I'll take a little global warming if I can hunt the beaches in January without three winter coats on ๐Ÿฅถ Nope it's really hunt #15 ๐Ÿ˜„ If I run them from Labor day to Memorial day, it's one continuous season. If I do it by year, then I have a big gap during summer when it's off limits to detect (or not worth the long trip down for after hour hunting). Tomorrows hunt is going to be a cold one for sure ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I'll take a little global warming if I can hunt the beaches in January without three winter coats on ๐Ÿฅถ Nope it's really hunt #15 ๐Ÿ˜„ If I run them from Labor day to Memorial day, it's one continuous season. If I do it by year, then I have a big gap during summer when it's off limits to detect (or not worth the long trip down for after hour hunting). Tomorrows hunt is going to be a cold one for sure ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

I want to grow palm trees in Virginia, but don't want to buy another boat. ๐Ÿคฃ Since I moved South I am not a winter fan anymore, I appreciate any day above 45 degrees. Reynaud's is nasty. We've had a lot of really warm days, so I'm out there!ย  Glad you can get out too.

• Like 2

Beach hunt # 16 is in the books. As much as I wanted to hunt my favorite beaches, I had to go somewhere else. So, I hit a beach where last time the GPX was acting up with the 12.5โ€ coil, so I opted for the 11DD. This is a beach where the deep copper cents reign and it was no different this time around. No using a shovel here as the water fills in after about 12โ€, so I spent the day using the XTreme scoop. I got to say that scoop with the carbon fiber handle is unstoppable in the wet sand. The targets were all very deep, ranging mostly from 14 -20โ€. It took me a while to pinpoint them, but it was worth the time. A proper pinpoint in the wet sand at those depths is crucial for recovering the targets. Off by a couple of inches and you are digging a wider hole than you need to, and it will collapse in on you. No fun. ๐Ÿ™„ย  I hunted for 5 hours and this time I had no visitors as it was hovering around 30 degrees for the day. Once I found the area that I could reach the coins, I started pulling coin after coin. The Wheat to Memorial to Zinc cent ratio was awesome. Only 3 Zincs to keep me honest. Once the Wheats started to pop up, so did the silver dimes. One coin was kind of odd and turned out to be a 1920 UK Sixpence โ€“ silver I believe. The last hole I dug before going home played a bad joke on me, as I thought I just popped out a silver half dollar. Turns out it was the biggest hem weight Iโ€™ve ever found. ๐Ÿ˜„ย  I had to laugh so as not to cry!! Great day at the beach with not a lot of trash, and all the solitude I was looking for. It was nice to dig deep coins again.

P1040244.JPG

P1040246.JPG

P1040242.JPG

P1040243.JPG

P1040247.JPG

• Like 7

Great hunt! I'm snowed in for the most part, mid Atlantic got a rare whiteout snowstorm. It's melting fast, I'll be out by Sunday. ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm out of likes today.

But despite the cold you got out for the win! ๐Ÿ‘ nice buffalo in surprising great shape, and a handful of silver. Tough job but someone's gotta do it ๐Ÿค” I think the wind even missed ya. That's also the least trash you have posted in a while. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Great hunt! I'm snowed in for the most part, mid Atlantic got a rare whiteout snowstorm. It's melting fast, I'll be out by Sunday. ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm out of likes today.

But despite the cold you got out for the win! ๐Ÿ‘ nice buffalo in surprising great shape, and a handful of silver. Tough job but someone's gotta do it ๐Ÿค” I think the wind even missed ya. That's also the least trash you have posted in a while. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks. Sorry about paying the weatherman to shift the snow down your way ๐Ÿคญ I'm sure you can pay him to shift the next storm over us.ย  I did get the wind though, you could see the flag waving fairly stiff. probably @ 15 MPH at times. One thing about finding coins deep in saturated salt water is they wipe clean rather easily. I just rub them with the gloves and whatever sand is on them, and they come clean.ย  Works on copper and nickle and clad. Doesn't work on zincs or silver.ย  When the ocean pulls all the light stuff away, you get a better ratio of good targets vs bad targets. It also lets the GPX discriminate out some of the iron better. I still get fooled from the broken pieces of lobster traps though. If the tides go low enough to get to that level, I'll see if the trend continues this Thursday.

• Like 4

ย ย ย ย  Beach hunt # 17 is a continuation of hunting the same beach that I was getting a lot of copper cents from. ย Tide was high when I arrived, so dry sand hunting led to minimal good finds and more iron than usual from this spot. Once the tide receded, I was able to continue the coin line from the previous hunt. This time, Memorials beat the Wheats by a lot and that means less silver too. Zero zinc cents today - hurray! ๐Ÿ˜Šย 5 silvers for the day and a bonus tiny low karat ring. The ring popped out as I was digging a Memorial cent. Apparently, this beach is very acidic and that leads to thin copper cents and unfortunately for me, gold losing its copper base metal. There is no saving this ring as the only thing left is mostly gold. Never seen this kind of action on low karat material. I have seen copper leaching out of rings before, but not like this. Found a lead soldier, but canโ€™t figure out what he is holding? Maybe a whip? IDK.ย  It was a nice day at the beach, weather was still warm enough at 40 degrees, but snow was on the way. 7 hours of using a scoop was enough for me. ๐Ÿ˜ถ

P1060241.JPG

P1060242.JPG

P1060244.JPG

P1060245.JPG

P1060247.JPG

P1060248.JPG

P1060249.JPG

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

WOW , that ring sure IS roached away. !๐Ÿ˜ณ

It is ๐Ÿ˜„ I guess the ring could have also been heavy plated (filled) perhaps 1/10 G.F but either way it's toasted.

The lead soldier looks like a WWI "Hun", so he could be eating a giant soft pretzel.ย ๐Ÿ˜„ย I'm German, btw, so I'm allowed by the Geneva Convention to make Hun jokes.ย ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Found a lead soldier, but canโ€™t figure out what he is holding?

Just a WAG:ย  French Horn?

• Like 1