2 hours ago, The_Stalker said:

School,

ย  Great finds on the beach with the GPX. ย Thank you for taking us on this adventure.

ย 

Thanks. Hopefully the adventure will never end ๐Ÿ˜„

1 hour ago, rvpopeye said:

You make a believer outta me !ย 

That 5000 been berry berry good for you mon !

ย 

ย 

ย 

Shhh... Don't tell anyone ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Like 2

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Too much and everyone can reach them, too little and I just miss them.ย 

Fascinating reads as usual!

Gotta say that I can't imagine many out on the beach this time of year, even the VA/NC beaches are empty. It's frozen solid here, thankfully I have a lot of other things keeping me busy.

A Walker Half... Wow. ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Fascinating reads as usual!

Gotta say that I can't imagine many out on the beach this time of year, even the VA/NC beaches are empty. It's frozen solid here, thankfully I have a lot of other things keeping me busy.

A Walker Half... Wow. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks. The beaches freeze here as well but usually from the high tide line and down, the waves keep it from freezing solid. The upper areas will eventually freeze deeper, but a nice 40 degree day usually loosens them up enough for you to maybe be able to dig. Some areas just freeze until spring. This is my favorite beach for half dollars. This half actually has a funny story to it. A few of all those coins pictured came as a result of one faint reading, but when dug exposed other signals down at the same level. I found quite a few holes had 3 or 4 targets scattered around inside the sidewall. This particular hole had multiples (including iron), and after it was clean of targets I scraped the sand back in and covered the hole well. This is some sand that just stays out but I always re check the hole. I stood up and swung around the hole and got a massive hit. I had removed the half and didn't even know it. I wonder what someone would have thought if they found it just a quarter inch below the sand ๐Ÿ˜„

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Beach hunt # 20 has come and gone. I wanted to get out and do a pre-storm hunt just in case the approaching storm covers my small hot area for silver. Iโ€™m hoping to get out and do a post storm hunt in the same area if I can get to it, otherwise I have a second beach in mind to hunt. This hunt is the same area I did last hunt but Iโ€™m going over it slower and covering a bit more ground. I spent most of the day there, but I tested other areas mainly to see if I could find the next exposed hot spot. The other areas produced the aluminum, bottle caps and zinc cents. The area I mainly did produced the gold, silver, copper, and iron and most of the clad. I forget who posted the question of finding pull tabs and is that a good area, but this area shows you what happens if the light finds are washed away. Only the good stuff remains, but also a lot of iron. Surprises of the day were the 5 Buffalo nickels, 2 gold items (neither of which were the main target I was digging at the time.) The small copper earring with the gold ear wire was detected in the removed sand with the pinpointer, and the gold hoop was found as I skimmed half of the sand pile back into the hole.ย  The GPX barely detected it once I found it. It could easily be mistaken for ย ground noise or EMI with the settings I had been running. I expected a better ratio of silver to copper cents, but I now believe itโ€™s a more realistic ratio than I thought. Or maybe the silver just hides better. ๐Ÿ˜„ The weather was bearable once you start to dig, so 30-35 degrees is OK if you dress for it. Glad I had a chance to get out and have some luck. Iโ€™m looking forward to a post storm hunt. Maybe more gold will be exposed, and the EQ 800 may make a cameo appearance.

P1290248.JPG

P1290249.JPG

P1290250.JPG

P1290251.JPG

• Like 9

That's a great hunt. ๐Ÿ‘ Feel sorry for y'all up there, some places getting up to 30" of snow. We got about 3-5", the wind is gusting to 45 and blowing it all around. Tomorrow morning will be too cold and windy for me. ๐Ÿ˜ต I remember the winter of '95... ๐Ÿฅถ

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

55 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

That's a great hunt. ๐Ÿ‘ Feel sorry for y'all up there, some places getting up to 30" of snow. We got about 3-5", the wind is gusting to 45 and blowing it all around. Tomorrow morning will be too cold and windy for me. ๐Ÿ˜ต I remember the winter of '95... ๐Ÿฅถ

Thanks. Yep, a lot of people out east are talking feet instead of inches ๐Ÿ˜ฒ. My area is probably going to get 8-12" at most. I'm hoping for a beach hunt on Monday if possible, but it may not happen.ย  Cold is the norm up here lately it seemsย ๐Ÿ™„ But it limits how many walkers on the beach I have to answer "did you find anything?" to.

• Haha 2

Beach hunt # 21 was the post storm hunt I was really looking forward to. I watched a couple of videos from the storm hitting some beaches, and it was impressive watching all the wave and wind action. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the beach I wanted to hunt, I saw zero damage to the beach. ZERO.ย ๐Ÿ˜ฉ So, I tried the Equinox hoping that some small gold may have been exposed from some storm action. No go on that either. The upper beach area that I did so well on this past Friday, was completely snowed in. The tides never reached that area, so I wandered around wasting a lot of time with the EQ. Finally, some form of common sense entered my brainย ๐Ÿ˜„ and I packed it up and left for my back up beach. Now, with about 2 hours left to hunt, I hit a decent amount of clad, some very big and deep lead, a drone, and what I think is a solar rechargeable pathway light. I barely managed to get that one silver dime pictured, but I was really happy to see it. Fairly cold at 19 degrees when I started but warmed up to a bit over 30 by midday. I also managed to rip my waders (they were cheap ones anyways) and just dodged a seagull dropping a clam on the shore to crack it open. Landed about 5 feet from me. Man, them things come down hard. Kind of a funny day in an odd way.ย ๐Ÿ˜ถ Not what I expected by a long shot, but still nice to getย  out detecting.

P2010248.JPG

P2010249.JPG

P2010250.JPG

• Like 5

๐Ÿ˜€ nice hunt. Wish I had the hands and feet (as well as a beach ๐Ÿ˜) to do that. It didn't get much above 40 yesterday, and I couldn't take the cold feet.

I think a dropped clam would hurt a heckuva lot more than one of our black walnuts, but I'll have to research average weights, and air velocity. ๐ŸคฃSwallowMontyPython.PNG.thumb.png.2d47b0214aa52d64e72be491a4f9d5d0.png

At least you got silver! ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

๐Ÿ˜€ nice hunt. Wish I had the hands and feet (as well as a beach ๐Ÿ˜) to do that. It didn't get much above 40 yesterday, and I couldn't take the cold feet.

I think a dropped clam would hurt a heckuva lot more than one of our black walnuts, but I'll have to research average weights, and air velocity. ๐Ÿคฃ

At least you got silver! ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks. I'm not sure what was worse, the fact that it missed me by a couple of feet, or the fact that I didn't see the bird or clam shell prior to hearing it hit ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Black walnuts are no joke either.

ย 

• Like 1

Beach hunt # 22 was a spur of the moment beach hunt. I remember someone talking about my EMI beach and how the last storm really exposed and removed a lot of sand. Unfortunately, that was a little while ago now, so I wasnโ€™t expecting much to be left there. I decided it would be an Equinox day looking for tiny gold jewelry. The tides werenโ€™t very low, so the slopes would be smaller than I wanted them to be. I worked the Equinox for about 3 hours and only had one tiny stud and a lot of small junk targets. So, I decided to wander up in the EMI area and see what was left there. It took a bit to get the sensitivity and settings set for EMI, and I ended up being able to have a consistent 20 sensitivity setting. First good hit was a copper penny followed by a white (tumbled) looking nickel. I though Jefferson but it was a Buffalo.ย ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Wow, I just found my spot! Only managed 1 more buffalo and some zincs, so I decided to trade the EQ in for a GPX. I knew it was going to be extremely noisy with the train EMI, but there are times itโ€™s quiet. I opted to hunt in cancel mode and take the hit on depth in trade for my sanity. Worked well, but the snow that was there sticks really good to the coil, making that 11โ€ coil feel like a brick. I did manage to figure out the best way to remove the snow without kicking the coil. If it gets too heavy just press the coil into more snow and pull backwards. The snow on the coil sticks to the snow below and slips off the coil. The GPX hit a lot more coins and all the silver, but at the expense of a ton of iron. Thatโ€™s the trade off in running in cancel mode. You are already losing depth from cancel mode, along with about 2โ€ of snow, so the bigger iron comes through nice and clear, but the smaller targets are very soft sounding. I didnโ€™t want to lose any deeper coins, so I dug it all as to not mask anything. This is silver and gold territory with all the sand removed and I wanted to make sure I didnโ€™t leave any. I may hit that beach again next visit and see what turns up. Always a pleasure to dig some sand. ๐Ÿ™‚

P2040249.JPG

P2040251.JPG

P2040252.JPG

P2040253.JPG

• Like 9