You must think you are a teenager to get that many targets, but the coins would of given a helping hand. The only time I would want to dig up that much junk there has to be gold nearby. Well done.  🥇 I did not take them home to photograph just left them for others to have fun.😎

818993366_Picture010.thumb.jpg.48e0b3982f5ab121c29cd89b19bf2705.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, geof_junk said:

You must think you are a teenager to get that many targets, but the coins would of given a helping hand. The only time I would want to dig up that much junk there has to be gold nearby. Well done.  🥇 I did not take them home to photograph just left them for others to have fun.😎

818993366_Picture010.thumb.jpg.48e0b3982f5ab121c29cd89b19bf2705.jpg

That's my problem 🙄 I think I'm 17 again. 😄 My beach day is my one day per week that I actually get any real exercise. It's the thrill of the hunt that makes it fun. If I ever get lost wandering and find my way to your place, I'll clean that patch up for you in a day 😊 Or you can pay my flight down there and I can become a gold nugget hunter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good one again! 👍 Do you use headphones? The cheap headphones I posted ($29) should connect to the 6000 and have 40 hour use time. They sure last all day for me. Also I don't know how the 6000 works with charging, but if you're so inclined you can keep it going with a PD battery pack like I do with the Equinox.

Gotta say though, going over 8 hours hunting would be pretty tiresome. 😵 Glad your 6000 came in handy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085DKHY5K

• Like 2

Somehow I missed your two previous hunt posts; glad to get caught up.  Seems as though you like winter detecting there in New England!

Have you tried waxing your coil (cover) to help minimize snow buildup?  Works for my snow shovels.  I use carnauba paste wax (automobile version but wood floor version probably same thing).  Heck, the choices for cross country skiiers -- I bet there's a perfect one for your situation.

I like seeing all your trash (and of course the better stuff).  Besides the lower weight, do you see any advantage of the 6000 over the 5000 for you type of detecting?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

That's my problem 🙄 I think I'm 17 again. 😄 My beach day is my one day per week that I actually get any real exercise. It's the thrill of the hunt that makes it fun. If I ever get lost wandering and find my way to your place, I'll clean that patch up for you in a day 😊 Or you can pay my flight down there and I can become a gold nugget hunter.

I would down for several days if I did 8 hours or even dug what you did..

Great way to keep the body and mind working! Nice saves on the silvers too!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Good one again! 👍 Do you use headphones? The cheap headphones I posted ($29) should connect to the 6000 and have 40 hour use time. They sure last all day for me. Also I don't know how the 6000 works with charging, but if you're so inclined you can keep it going with a PD battery pack like I do with the Equinox.

Gotta say though, going over 8 hours hunting would be pretty tiresome. 😵 Glad your 6000 came in handy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B085DKHY5K

I use the headphones that come with the 6000. They are nicer than the nox ones. I don't think you could extend the battery time with an external set up. I never hurt from the long hunts .....until later 😨

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Somehow I missed your two previous hunt posts; glad to get caught up.  Seems as though you like winter detecting there in New England!

Have you tried waxing your coil (cover) to help minimize snow buildup?  Works for my snow shovels.  I use carnauba paste wax (automobile version but wood floor version probably same thing).  Heck, the choices for cross country skiiers -- I bet there's a perfect one for your situation.

I like seeing all your trash (and of course the better stuff).  Besides the lower weight, do you see any advantage of the 6000 over the 5000 for you type of detecting?

Beach hunting is all that is available for me to hunt, so I do it. It's always fun when you get silver, not so much fun when you get skunked 😄 I haven't tried wax on the bottom, but I will if the snow continues. That was just a weird situation that had snow in the area I needed to be. Not being tethered to the machine is a big plus over the 5000. The EMI cancellation with the 14" coil is easier on the ears than the 5000, but the 5000 still wins on coins at depth. In this situation, the coins were in the 10-11" range as opposed to the 15-18" range I usually hunt. The 6000 could hit those shallower ones, so I took advantage of that and had a more pleasant hunt.  One disadvantage with the 6000 is that I would have like to have some control over target volume and stabilizer like on the 5000. Also I would have like to get more gain from it but you are limited to whatever the internal parameters are.  You can't really adjust anything  much on it. But if I had my choice between the two, it would always be the 5000.

5 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I would down for several days if I did 8 hours or even dug what you did..

Great way to keep the body and mind working! Nice saves on the silvers too!

You water guys work harder than us land guys. I bet I wouldn't last 3 hours in the water 😞 The drawback on land is that target acquisition is faster and easier than in the water, so you dig a lot more. I just turned 60 a bit ago, so I'm taking advantage of it while I can. By the time I get to 70 an 8 hour hunt will probably be more like 3 or 4 trips, not 1, so I'm going to dig until I can't. After that I'm going to talk to the young people detecting and bother them with old stories until the tell me to get lost 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Sure is gonna be a clean beach ......🤗

Until the next storm 😄

• Haha 1