2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Is there an Amtrack station near that beach ???? 

I know, I can't imagine digging that many holes in a day ! Maybe I don't want a GPX !

You must have a young guy inside you , possibly an alien or a robot.

Klaatu , Nicto Baradek !  

I'm not sure where the stations are, but the tracks are super close, probably less than 20 feet if you are at the very top of the beach. I will never need radiation treatments.🤕 Between the big battery on my back and the train passing by about 12 times a day, I'm good, and I have a rather glowing complexion. Now if I could just get the train to charge my batteries. 🤔 I wish I had that young guy back, my vote is alien interference when I was a kid.

• Oh my! 1

Yeah , that's my story too .....  Nobody can prove I  didn't !   So it must therefore be true.

I grew up next to train tracks , probably could hobo a ride and tuck and roll when it goes by the beach !  Gotta beef up the case for the detector first.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jim in ma said:

Waiting for the next chapter  😁 

Coming soon to a theater near you 😄

• Like 2

Beach hunt # 27 was a grueling one. 9 hours of hunting with a little bit of testing out a new shaft system for the GPX. I got tired of the shaft twisting because of a worn-out cam lock, so I asked Steveg to see if he could make me one of his shafts. He agreed and yesterday was my first ever trial of his products. Now, I’m not one to be soft on my machines so I decided to try his shaft out with an 18” DD coil from Detech. If it can handle that weight, then it is a go for me. 2 hours spent swinging that beast and the shaft performed flawlessly. The handle I used was the original Minelab handle, snugged down as much as I dared to, so it would not break. It only moved briefly once when I was swinging the coil very fast. Nice job Steve, I’ll be in touch for the next one as a custom design.  So, with that testing done I swapped to the 14” anti-interference coil that I have been using recently. The 18” DD coil just couldn’t handle the EMI, even on cancel mode. I think running a GPX in non-cancel mode and having the coil do the canceling is the future of EMI mitigation. The hunt started out slow as I was continuing from where I left off last hunt. I was worried I would not get much from this section, but it stared to give up some silver halfway through the hunt. By the end of it, I had a really good hunt with an unexpected W/L Half showing up as well. No gold, but a very defined layer of targets came to light. Most of the nickels were early Jeffersons from the 40’s as were most of the wheat cents. Most of the dimes were Mercuries from that decade too. Same for the Washington quarters. Unfortunately, I was barely able to hear these targets not because of the coil, but because my depth dropped when the train was active. I was still getting between 12” to 18” on targets. I am more impressed with this coil than I was when I first started to use it. I’m going to give this beach a break for a bit and hit another area. There’s a guy that just bought an EQ 600 and he wants to hit a beach and ask me some questions, so it’s off to his place next week. I am really happy that the GPX has a nice, solid shaft and that the anti-interference coil works at my most severe EMI beach. It really helps to have your machines set up properly. Very happy to get a chance to dig in the sand and enjoy the sunshine.

P3040248.JPG

P3040249.JPG

P3040250.JPG

P3040251.JPG

P3040252.JPG

• Like 9

Great job cleaning your area. Nice silver. The spike looks old. I would keep it.

• Like 1

That's about $37 worth of silver bullion coins -- beats a small 10k gold ring anway.  Unfortunately several of those dimes apprear to be 1916-D's but the condition makes them worthless.  :biggrin:

Wondering about those really small brass/copper pieces and one tiny aluminum rivet -- did those just come along for the ride when you dug a larger target or does the GPX hit those, and if so, how deep?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Great job cleaning your area. Nice silver. The spike looks old. I would keep it.

Thanks.  Beaches are funny. I hit this area in previous years and hit silver, but apparently there was too much sand to access all the silver. I assume the same is happening again here. More is left that I can not get to, but hopefully more sand will be removed and more silver will be available, and possibly some gold that may be even deeper than the silver. There is lots left that is just too deep to get.  The spike is from the train that lives on the beach. I think the guys that maintain or built the tracks just through it on the beach 🤬 I think I've found about 5 or 6 of them already.

18 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's about $37 worth of silver bullion coins -- beats a small 10k gold ring anway.  Unfortunately several of those dimes apprear to be 1916-D's but the condition makes them worthless.  :biggrin:

Wondering about those really small brass/copper pieces and one tiny aluminum rivet -- did those just come along for the ride when you dug a larger target or does the GPX hit those, and if so, how deep?

The silver is a blessing! 😊 If I had to survive on the gold I find, I would be dead many years ago 😄 I never worry about the 16 D's, I toss them like zinc pennies. (sure I do 🙄).  All the small targets are actual hits from the GPX. They hit on the 11", 12 1/2" and the 14" coils. They sound deep but are rarely deeper than 2-3"  I am amazed at how tiny the targets are and that they can even be heard on the GPX. It's harder to find then with the pinpointer than it is to find them with the large coils. Detectors have really come a long way since the 70's.

• Like 5