I love how all your junk arrangements look like art compositions! Maybe you should frame and sell them!!👍

You are the master of what I call "paper towel displays"!!🤣

Keep at them silvers!!👍👍

• Like 2

So many targets every time,,,,,do the locals call it "I lost my stuff beach"  ?😢

Guess for you , it's "I keep finding all this stuff at a beach I go to"........... 🤗

Or maybe it's just aliens 👽  "I took my junk to the dump beach on that planet we all avoid"  🤔  ?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 2:26 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

Beach hunt # 31 was a two-beach hunt. I had a friend offer up a small beach that he hunts and was interested to see if there was anything deeper to find. Some silver jewelry and a gold ring were found previously by him. I did a short hunt there for about 2 hours and did not score any silver coins. This beach may be too new, or things are just too deep. I hit enough coins for the short time detecting with the deepest being a memorial cent at 17”. So, maybe the silver layer is out of reach or just not there. To not waste the day, I headed to my silver beach which was about ½ hour from this first beach. I hunted that for about 5 ½ hours and managed 3 silver dimes. The beach looked good with a lot of bigger rocks exposed, but I also saw bucket loader tracks, so it was pushed around a lot. I don’t know about anyone else, but I never have much luck when they level up the beach mechanically. It wasn’t my most productive beach day, but it was still nice to get out.

P4220243.JPG

P4220244.JPG

P4220245.JPG

P4220246.JPG

Oh my gosh, I could not hack digging that much Iron anymore. Is this a freshwater beach? 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 10:29 AM, Joe D. said:

I love how all your junk arrangements look like art compositions! Maybe you should frame and sell them!!👍

You are the master of what I call "paper towel displays"!!🤣

Keep at them silvers!!👍👍

Please buy my trash 😄 Free shipping.

11 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

So many targets every time,,,,,do the locals call it "I lost my stuff beach"  ?😢

Guess for you , it's "I keep finding all this stuff at a beach I go to"........... 🤗

Or maybe it's just aliens 👽  "I took my junk to the dump beach on that planet we all avoid"  🤔  ?

Them aliens 😍 Gotta luv 'em. 😄  Beaches are loaded around here especially when you pull out a PI.  Most better beaches go back to the 1930's.

4 hours ago, midalake said:

Oh my gosh, I could not hack digging that much Iron anymore. Is this a freshwater beach? 

No these are salt water beaches. I can usually dig out a target pretty fast with a big shovel, so I don't mind digging the iron. Some of the coins were side by side with small iron sitting on clay at about 15". Those coins were the toasted ones and they barely survive and eventually will disintegrate to nothing.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

4 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

No these are salt water beaches. I can usually dig out a target pretty fast with a big shovel, so I don't mind digging the iron.

OK, was thinking the iron didn't look crusty enough to come out of salt water. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, midalake said:

OK, was thinking the iron didn't look crusty enough to come out of salt water. 

I hunt the beach areas and not in the water, so the iron is not saturated all the time.  Sometime I get some iron that just crumbles and the original artifact is long gone.

• Like 2

Beach hunt # 32 is another two-beach hunt. I originally wanted to hop a bunch of beaches but decided I just wanted to have a relaxing day and do my gold / EMI beach. I started working the grass with the E Trac and then a bit with the GPX, which was not fun. 😳 But I did manage to pull quite a few nonferrous targets from all the trash and iron. I then worked the shore with just the GPX. I intended to stay there but there was too much activity to be comfortable, so I decided to head home a bit earlier than I wanted to. As I’m driving I’m thinking, let’s just go to the closest beach around. I don’t hunt this beach much, (last time was probably 3 or 4 years ago), so I wasn’t expecting much. Apparently, this beach took a beating a while back, from the looks of the rocks and large boulders that were still exposed. I bet a lot of detectorists had a great time there.  In my usual style, I am late to the party.  😪 I have about 2 hours to detect, so I get right to it. First thing I noticed was the decent number of targets still there. Unfortunately, they were mostly iron and some aluminum. Targets sounded terrible for some reason, and as I’m digging a very loud, choppy target, out pops a brand-new looking dime. But something was not right because it looked silver not clad. Sure enough, it’s a pristine 1963 silver dime. Not possible to be on the beach, so it had to come from a group planted hunt. No way that was on the beach very long. I can usually tell a lot from the audio on my GPX, but this time around I was having issues, as even the clad coins sounded semi choppy, like small iron. I dug what I could in the short time I had left and almost before I got back to the car, this gold item comes up. I thought it may just be plated but it ended up being 10K. I wish I had spent the day there. Maybe a return trip next week? Fun to get out in the sun.

P4290245.JPG

P4290244.JPG

P4290243.JPG

P4290242.JPG

P4290241.JPG

• Like 8

You always have an incredible hunt. And GOLD this time!

• Like 1

You are one of the few who finds relics on a beach. 👍 Nice gold!

Still gotta wrap up my beach trip... 🤔 I had less busy weeks at work (all the time) 😵 

You should definitely go back there.

• Like 2

Rick N. MI it looks like you have found my 10K gold it looks like my GR is written on it. I am not willing to pay the postage to Aus. If you don't pay the postage I guess you will have to keep it. 😢 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1