SHN when you get AU and AG in one hunt it is a great hunt!!

I just feel sorry for the newbies with their first detector and they go behind you, they will think it is broken.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

You always have an incredible hunt. And GOLD this time!

Got lucky on the gold 😄 I really don't care for this beach much since it has a lot of small iron. But my feelings may be changing.

14 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

You are one of the few who finds relics on a beach. 👍 Nice gold!

Still gotta wrap up my beach trip... 🤔 I had less busy weeks at work (all the time) 😵 

You should definitely go back there.

I find too many things on the beach, that's my problem 🤔 I find a decent amount of round ball there too. I guess it's what happens when you dig it all. I'll be back to that beach next week for a full day's hunt...... but something else may be in the works for this week 😳

10 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Rick N. MI it looks like you have found my 10K gold it looks like my GR is written on it. I am not willing to pay the postage to Aus. If you don't pay the postage I guess you will have to keep it. 😢 

Well if you aren't willing to pay postage, maybe you would be willing to pay my flight down so I can return it to you in person? After all if it's yours, you deserve to have it 😆

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Silver and gold on a beach hunt,,,late or not , THAT'S a good day !:cool:

Do it again soon before it's too late !

Rare for me to get gold these days on a beach. So much competition, and i live so far away.

3 hours ago, Jim in ma said:

SHN when you get AU and AG in one hunt it is a great hunt!!

I just feel sorry for the newbies with their first detector and they go behind you, they will think it is broken.

Last minute goodies saved my butt. 😄 Those newbies won't stand a chance on this beach. The signals were really weird. I couldn't believe some of them were quarters.

• Like 3

Nice haul!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Sure enough, it’s a pristine 1963 silver dime. Not possible to be on the beach, so it had to come from a group planted hunt. No way that was on the beach very long.

Is it because of salt that you say this?  Just sand (with no salt) I would think would be pretty benign.  I found a (35% silver) Warnick that was the prettiest I'd ever seen (and, BTW, I grew up collecting coins in the 60's when they were still in circulation, so I've seen hundreds of them).  But I found that in the soil, not the sand.  Also, Warnicks with their different composition can be 'cleaned' by some chemicals in my soil.  But my 90% silver coin recoveries often look like the day they were dropped.  (I'll be posting photos of a couple exceptions soon, though.)

Good to read your reports as always, and you never seem to get precious-metal skunked even on these heavily hunted beaches.  But then you pay your dues -- hours swinging that boat anchor....  😄

• Like 2

Great thread! As I live in Idaho and just started using a nox 800 my beaches are lake and river. The " tide " is starting to come In just as the snow melts off. Admire your perseverance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davide said:

Nice haul!

Thanks! Off season beach hunting keeps me active and preps me for summer hunting.

5 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Is it because of salt that you say this?  Just sand (with no salt) I would think would be pretty benign.  I found a (35% silver) Warnick that was the prettiest I'd ever seen (and, BTW, I grew up collecting coins in the 60's when they were still in circulation, so I've seen hundreds of them).  But I found that in the soil, not the sand.  Also, Warnicks with their different composition can be 'cleaned' by some chemicals in my soil.  But my 90% silver coin recoveries often look like the day they were dropped.  (I'll be posting photos of a couple exceptions soon, though.)

Good to read your reports as always, and you never seem to get precious-metal skunked even on these heavily hunted beaches.  But then you pay your dues -- hours swinging that boat anchor....  😄

Yeah, this was found in the dry beach sand area. Even if it stays dry (which on these beaches it never does) it would still start to slightly darken when exposed to light. It wouldn't get completely dark but would show the beginnings of the effects of sulfur or chlorine contact. I hate it when I get skunked, so I swing that anchor until the last minute.

5 hours ago, Lost Scout said:

Great thread! As I live in Idaho and just started using a nox 800 my beaches are lake and river. The " tide " is starting to come In just as the snow melts off. Admire your perseverance.

Thanks! The nox is great if you are the first one there with it. But after a couple of years and everyone having one, the finds drop a lot. That's why the PI comes out. I haven't found anything good with the nox on the wet sand for a long time now. It sits as an emergency back up machine

• Like 1