Gp Extreme Vs Gp 3500

Luis

For your purpose not much difference, but here are details at the link below:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steves-guide-differences-between-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-models/

If the price difference is not great, always go with the latest version Minelab PI. The differences sometimes were small, but in general all they ever did was get better. Personally, I would have a hard time going back to anything older than the GPX 4000, if only for the improved battery system.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info Steve.  my question is because they offer me a 2003 GP extreme for 900 euros.  The truth is that it looks pretty good in photos but I would like to get a GP 3500. And my question was whether to wait for a 3500 to come out, which will be almost impossible here in Spain, I don't think there are many or go to the extreme.  I would use it for relics.

Screenshot_2021-09-04-16-55-17-799_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-04-16-55-09-913_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_2021-09-04-16-54-48-350_com.facebook.katana.jpg

28 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

900 euros over here would be outrageous!  On eBay they were going for $500.  Gerry had some good deals going on older PI units, might want to reach out?

I would like you to tell me how to communicate with him.  to see if there is luck and it has some GP 3500, some offer that interests me.  Thank you

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Never got an email but just look for “Gerry in Idaho” and PM him.

the translator must have played a trick on me.  He wanted to say that I emailed Gerry.  Still no answer.  Thanks again

On 9/12/2021 at 9:09 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

For your purpose not much difference, but here are details at the link below:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steves-guide-differences-between-minelab-sd-gp-gpx-models/

If the price difference is not great, always go with the latest version Minelab PI. The differences sometimes were small, but in general all they ever did was get better. Personally, I would have a hard time going back to anything older than the GPX 4000, if only for the improved battery system.

My gp extreme has a 2-18650 pack from fatshark with fuel gauge, and aptx ll transmitter for audio. Cover it all with a plastic bag and go.  

• Like 1