Doc's Detector Cover, GPX 6000... Wow, Flashback To Quality

Jennifer

Well boys... she's back, like the throbbing in your skull the next morning that just won't go away... LOL....

All kidding aside, I know where the expertise is, I know where the experience is and where I can trust the advice, I know where users are respected and Steve keeps a tight ship, and that's here... lastly, I know when to eat a little crow....

That and I wanted to share something I just purchased from Doc if you haven't seen them already.... you all know I've been flying a 4500 (I purchased my first one from Steve back when he was running AK Mining in 2009/2010 if I remember correctly, I then bought an Infinium based on his awesome Hawaii review), since then I've swung 2300's, 4500's, 5000,'s and a 7000 that you all heard me complain about as it pulled out ounces for me... well I bit the bullet, mainly due to needed arm surgery and weight issues and picked up a GPX 6000... and of course the obligatory Doc's cover for it (Hey Minelab, we know you want to, just buy him off and include them already, we all know that no one else makes a cover worthy of your name on it). :)... so that said, I wanted to share my thoughts.. this is not an ad.. I paid for this item. Steve, if this does not belong or belongs in another area, I apologize sir, please delete or remove as you see fit. As it fits the Minelab, I figured this would be a better spot than cluttering up the main forum.

We all know Doc's quality and high expectations from his supply chain... but we also know where companies can save a penny here, penny there to increase profit, it's quite evident in this workmanship that Doc builds these because he loves what he does, not because he's trying to make a quick buck off of us. You've seen others using cheap double sized tape/velcro, not using enough velcro ect. We all know... that's not the way Doc works (notice the 3M logo, notice the FULL LENGTH velcro on the arm cuff, not some short 3" piece, notice the quality scuba suit material)..... 

I present you all, another work of art, straight out of Doc's Vegas lab.... Well done Doc.....another quality product, worth twice the price.

Note: This is not an advertisement or paid endorsement, I paid for this item, I just appreciate quality when I see it and owning covers from Doc for my SDC, my GPX's and my GPZ's there is NO one I'd buy another from... and thought you'd all appreciate seeing this workmanship as much as I did.

Link to more info and picture of it on machine: https://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/14637-gpx6000-5-piece-cover-set-on-the-way-to-chris-get-those-orders-in-limited-number/

It's nice to be back boys...... stay safe out there..

Jen

IMG_0037.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0034.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_0029.jpeg

IMG_0028.jpeg

IMG_0026.jpeg

IMG_0025.jpeg

• Like 3

Agree Midalake... he's my main supplier, his quality is top notch, his shipping is fast and he's a pleasure to deal with.. Doc is NUMBER 1 in my book.

Jen

What is your preferred method for attaching this cover...do you put the cable connector through the hole in the cover and attach it to the detector or do you place the cover on the detector first and then connect the cable connector to the detector. The cables for the gpx 6000 are very stiff and the threds on the connector are very fine. I'm thinking the cover should have either a slit or a bigger U shape opening rather than a hole. And I refuse to read the two page fine print instructions that come with the cover lol  otherwise it's nicely made. 

strick 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, strick said:

What is your preferred method for attaching this cover...do you put the cable connector through the hole in the cover and attach it to the detector or do you place the cover on the detector first and then connect the cable connector to the detector. The cables for the gpx 6000 are very stiff and the threds on the connector are very fine. I'm thinking the cover should have either a slit or a bigger U shape opening rather than a hole. And I refuse to read the two page fine print instructions that come with the cover lol  otherwise it's nicely made. 

strick 

Here are the excellent directions Doc wrote.

https://docsdetecting.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/GPX6000-Install-Cover-PUBLISH-Vista.pdf

Jen

Agreed Jen,

I wish he made for other brands; as I have asked before! But I understand that can be a whole other monkey, he doesn't want on his back!!👍👍

• Like 1

What I have found works best for me is to run the cable through the hole in the cover slide the cover down the cable ...attach the cable to the detector  then slide the cover back over the detector I have not used the self adhesive sticky yet and don't plan to

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, Doc is great to deal with and very dependable.

Looks Good, been trying to reach Doc last couple days to put order in, but no one is answering or returning calls.

Everyone OK I Hope ?? Maybe just out on a trip ??

5 hours ago, Dig It said:

Looks Good, been trying to reach Doc last couple days to put order in, but no one is answering or returning calls.

Everyone OK I Hope ?? Maybe just out on a trip ??

I spoke with Doc last night and again this morning, he's out of the office at the moment and recommends you order it on Ebay or his website (link below) or Amazon search Nugget Stalker on Amazon, or email him at docsdetecting@gmail.com. I can tell you that when I order from his site or the other methods above, it's shipped out within 24 hours and I get it within a similar time frame... hope that helps, just go to his site and order online.

https://docsdetecting.com/

Jen

• Like 1