Not Much More But Had A Blast With A Guest (update 2)

Not for nothing but you can get a Racer 2 with 7" round concentric or a base 14khz Kruzer with concentrics, both will do far better in iron than any machine with a dd.

I like the notch system on the Kruzer, it is much finer and you have notch volume where you can still hear what you blank out but I like the ergonomics and lighter weight of the Racer design.

• The title was changed to Not Much More But Had A Blast With A Guest (update 2)

Ok, probably the last time I'll update this. Got some great advice from kac and Chase. I went back to the newer house. I gave the old farmhouse a break because I'm tired of being torn up by poison ivy and chiggers.

When I got there I noticed that the farmers had harvested the early corn, leaving this field wide open.20210916_112730.thumb.jpg.466f5eb2f12f777601d4403375226238.jpgI wanted to try my hand at corn stubble hunting, so I walked the field for about an hour, hardly heard any tones unit I got way up in back where there was iron, and got a 34. Pulled a rather new buckle out, I'd say 60s. Still had some of the belt attached.

This field is one I haven't hunted, it might produce something but not much. Apparently they pushed some kind of building into the woods but didn't leave anything but nails behind. I'll go back when I can handle hours of nothing. 😀

Went back to the newer house and turned sensitivity down on the Equinox, from my usual 23 to the default 21. Started doing some Old Skool hunting in about a 20x30 foot area in front of the house, swinging low and slow, and really analyzing what the Equinox was telling me. To my surprise I got 14 more coins in about 2 hours. I also dug a Tootsietoy wagon the owner played with as a kid, and found the hammer from an old cap gun. His wife said he would really like it if I saved those old things and gave them to him.20210916_190111.thumb.jpg.bcfed78fa7b8dceccd857b3a54d87b72.jpg

Nothing great, a 1982 quarter, memorials from 1961 to 1974, and 5 Zincolns. The coin to the extreme right is really an aluminum slug of some sort. Thought I had silver... Nope. 🤬

I'm going to redo this acre or so more slowly and with lower sensitivity, seems the Equinox is focusing too much on the junk when it's high. Most of the coins were in the same hole as other junk, didn't photograph it today but it was quite a bit.

Just getting better thanks to this forum. While I was there a neighbor stopped by and offered his yard (about an acre and a half) and said I can keep it all. His house is newer but it goes right up next to where a really old house was. 😈

• Like 6

When it rains, it pours!! Now the permissions are finding you!! But if you hit that gold coin "cache", someone my change their tune!!😬 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Joe D. said:

When it rains, it pours!! Now the permissions are finding you!! But if you hit that gold coin "cache", someone my change their tune!!😬 👍👍

Unlikely I'll find one around here, heck I don't find much silver. 😵 I am excited about permissions coming to me. I was hoping that would happen. 🥳