Rye Patch, Only For The Brave!

LuckyLundy

9 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Great job, LL. Which coil did you mostly use at RP? I find the 14 DD to be a blessing there. Finally no more salt howling, especially after rain.

GC, We had the 11” Maxed out!  It rained out there, but it will take more than one rain storm to change that dry dirt.  It’s not DD time yet!  Normal with Max settings to hear what my other machines missed.

Rick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 3:21 PM, LuckyLundy said:

Any Honda is a good Honda.  Not sure I know the Specs of the Pioneer 500.  But, my little 570 RZR fits right in the bed of my Pickup...so, I don’t have to worry about flat tires on a trailer too!😬

Hey Rick, I’m bringing my RZR out there in Nov.  Do you need any special permits for riding around on BLM trails?  Mine is all licensed and registered for road riding too in my state.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Hey Rick, I’m bringing my RZR out there in Nov.  Do you need any special permits for riding around on BLM trails?  Mine is all licensed and registered for road riding too in my state.  Thanks!

Nope, your good with your State Permit in Nevada!  Now ARIZONA is a different story!

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply my friend.  After getting home on Sunday I had to pack the other rig for our trip to Oregon the next day for our 42nd anniversary.  Still haven’t slowed down.😂

Yes, we did bare the elements and stayed on course for the gold indeed!  These 6000’s sure have the upper hand finding the gold that has been missed.  Finding gold in your old patches, which some were our old patches back in 1994 using our VLF’s was most inspiring for sure!  I know we’ll be on the gold again on our next adventure without a doubt!!  Thanks for the comradery and the guidance for learning these new machines!!!  Will let you know when I get back home.

Larry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice gold Rick! Just missed you...I was in northern Nv this past week and hit Rye Patch one day. And yes, one of your old patches gave me a couple little ones too!😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another great story and pics my friend.  And your are 100% correct, just more ribeye on the plate for you.  LuckyLarry is one of those special kind of guys you just don't run across very often.  His detecting skills are in the best of the best and his museum quality finds can back up what he says.

Glad to see hear you 2 get together and enjoy a few Rye Patch nuggies.

• Like 2