GPX 6000! More Than Just A Detector

57 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice writeup, Dan, and welcome to the forum!  Unfortunately, between you and Brian (and Gerry from his trip to bring you guys your GPX6000's), the word about detectable gold in SD is now out.  Well, Brian had told us before but it's a lot easier to write off one person blowing smoke. 

Definitely take Gerry's class.

There is one thing from your post that confused me -- was it a typo?

The only thing I can figure is that one of you had a cellphone battery die.

🤣🤣🤣  

I believe he mentioned he was rather busy at the moment with fulfilling orders. 

I definitely will take his class, just currently busy with building a house and two young kiddos taking up alot of my time and vacation. 

Also as "Brian" mentioned above, We travel over into WY to get our nuggets

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GoldPanDan said:

Oh for sure computers can better adjust settings quicker and more accurately. As long as the engineering behind the algorithms is solid, which with ML I tend to think they know what they are doing more than me! But if I can already run in 9  or 10 sensitivity and maybe get a little chatter, wouldn't that be better than having it auto adjust to say 7. Maybe I am not fully understanding what it is doing in Auto and Auto+

Manual sensitivity only goes up to 10. Auto+ can go above Manual 10 if conditions allow it to do so, typically in mild ground. That's where the "plus" comes from. Here is a tidbit in reference to that from JP:

"If the ground conditions are mild Auto+ has the ability to increase the detectors outright sensitivity much further than flat out manual mode, so in variable EMI areas the EMI will sound worse in Auto+ compared to full manual mode."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Manual sensitivity only goes up to 10. Auto+ can go above Manual 10 if conditions allow it to do so, typically in mild ground. That's where the "plus" comes from.

Its like in “Spinal Tap”. These go to 11!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

There is no gold in SD, we do all our hunting in WY.

41 minutes ago, GoldPanDan said:

Also as "Brian" mentioned above, We travel over into WY to get our nuggets

So you two are saying that Jasong is the one misleading us....  🤔

47 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Manual sensitivity only goes up to 10. Auto+ can go above Manual 10 if conditions allow it to do so, typically in mild ground. That's where the "plus" comes from. Here is a tidbit in reference to that from JP:

"If the ground conditions are mild Auto+ has the ability to increase the detectors outright sensitivity much further than flat out manual mode, so in variable EMI areas the EMI will sound worse in Auto+ compared to full manual mode."

Ahhh i see.  I will have to re read what JP wrote 

Great post, GoldPan”Dan”, and congrats on the fantastic nugget finds in “Wyoming”😀

Looking forward to seeing you at one of Gerry’s training classes soon.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:45 PM, GoldPanDan said:

Grab a bag of popcorn and a beer, this is gonna be a long read. (Skip to the third paragraph if you are only interesting in my review of the GPX 6000)

Great write up and congrats to your finds. Now, get the 17 inch coil and you will like the 6k even more!😍

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,  Sorry I had not seen or read your post earlier but I am glad I found it.  Yes your jump from a GB-2 to a GPX-6000 is certainly a big step in your young gold nugget chasing career.  Boy did you time it right with the new GPX-6000 and the kind of gold you have in WY.🙄  Seeing your picks and reading about the new Success is wanting me to get back there soon, but I know it won't happen this year.  Maybe next summer we can do some real prospecting for new patches.

Thanks for the kind words about the Field Training we offer.  Having gold detector experts helping me sure makes things easier.  It also helps the students as they get different instructors explaining the same things as sometimes I don't say it as well as Lunk.

It looks like Brian owes you a cold one.  Keep it up and I look forward to seeing more posts.

• Like 4