More Great Advice For Newbies..

Metal detecting is obsessive compulsive addictive once you start detector lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Maybe we need a Detectaholics page.

Very easy to control the obsession and an easy way to quit, just send me all your equipment and I will walk you through the process.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I once saw a Garrett wrapped around a tree on the gold field. Here was a chance to get some spare parts for my Garrett how ever he must of been upset as nothing was salvable. 😭 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Thus far I'm not having a problem. I'm retired, it gets me out of the house. If my future is honey-dos, yard work, and camping - when I dig and give my wife jewelry - it's fine with me, and her.

Dig jewelry and give it to your wife is my advice. 😀 When the honey-do list is done. 🤗

• Like 7

I love it when your the only guy on a packed beach with a detector and everyone is looking at you like your a goof ball...they see you nearing their belongings and they come out of the water like your gonna take something lol... you walk by a mom and daughter enjoying the day... the lady asks "did you find anything good yet?" "just some coins and a  bunch of bottle caps" you  don't mention the two silver rings in your pouch for fear they are going to want to see them and you don't want to waste valuable detecting time...she asks is it addicting?  yes ma'am it is. 

strick

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

My stock answer is:

"Yes, every time I do this." Or "always" with a smile. 😀 Unless I feel like talking that usually stops it right there.

Take heart, it's cheaper than a drug addiction anyway.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, strick said:

I love it when your the only guy on a packed beach with a detector and everyone is looking at you like your a goof ball...they see you nearing their belongings and they come out of the water like your gonna take something lol... you walk by a mom and daughter enjoying the day... the lady asks "did you find anything good yet?" "just some coins and a  bunch of bottle caps" you  don't mention the two silver rings in your pouch for fear they are going to want to see them and you don't want to waste valuable detecting time...she asks is it addicting?  yes ma'am it is. 

strick

Should mention the contaminated body piercings and ask if they lost any 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4