More Great Advice For Newbies..

Sounds alot like a golf, or fishing obsession! But unlike those, when you calm down, you can go back and find your "thrown in disgust'" items, with ease!! With one of your other detectors!!🤣👍👍 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 9/15/2021 at 7:06 AM, F350Platinum said:

Dig jewelry and give it to your wife is my advice. 😀 When the honey-do list is done. 🤗

Mine is more of a honey-don't list...

Don't you dare buy another detector!

Don't you dare go detecting when the lawn needs mowed!

Don't you dare build a test garden in my Azaleas!

Don't you dare get on that metal detecting forum when we have company coming.

Don't you dare go detecting on that nude beach! 😎

• Haha 7

On 9/15/2021 at 2:27 AM, Erik Oostra said:

A recent post offering advice to newbies has inspired me to put in my own two cents worth.. My advice to those wanting to take up metal detecting is: Don’t! You’ll be far better off trying another hobby like banging your head against a brick wall, pulling out your hair in sheer frustration, or crying yourself to sleep at night.. 

Of course I’m only joking but any newbie has to prepare for the never-ending toil of digging junk, lots of it.. If you can handle this without having a nervous breakdown or flinging your detector out to sea, you’ll be amply rewarded when you finally hear that magic sound telling you there’s buried treasure below your feet.. A hard-won experience like no other! Metal detecting truly is a game where dogged determination and persistence will eventually pay off.. 

The only problem is that when you finally get to this stage, all you’ll ever think and dream about is metal detecting.. Your marriage will fail and your kids will starve but none of this matters as long as you can get a few more swings in.. In metal detecting there’s no such thing as an unhealthy obsession.. A house filled to the brim with all the latest detectors that you’ll never use is not weird at all.. Just rest assured that there’s many others just like you! 

YEAHH... you name it all. But what should I say.... 🙄 ... here we go! 😂

• Like 2