More Great Advice For Newbies..

ย  ย  Sounds alot like a golf, or fishing obsession! But unlike those, when you calm down, you can go back and find your "thrown in disgust'" items, with ease!! With one of your otherย detectors!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 9/15/2021 at 7:06 AM, F350Platinum said:

Dig jewelry and give it to your wife is my advice. ๐Ÿ˜€ When the honey-do list is done. ๐Ÿค—

Mine is more of a honey-don't list...

Don't you dare buy another detector!

Don't you dare go detecting when the lawn needs mowed!

Don't you dare build a test garden in my Azaleas!

Don't you dare get on that metal detecting forum when we have company coming.

Don't you dare go detecting on that nude beach!ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Haha 7

On 9/15/2021 at 2:27 AM, Erik Oostra said:

A recent post offering advice to newbies has inspired me to put in my own two cents worth.. My advice to those wanting to take up metal detecting is: Donโ€™t! Youโ€™ll be far better off trying another hobby like banging your head against a brick wall, pulling out your hair in sheer frustration, or crying yourself to sleep at night..ย 

Of course Iโ€™m only joking but any newbie has to prepare for the never-ending toil of digging junk, lots of it.. If you can handle this without having a nervous breakdown or flinging your detector out to sea, youโ€™ll be amply rewarded when you finally hear that magic sound telling you thereโ€™s buried treasure below your feet.. A hard-won experience like no other! Metal detecting truly is a game where dogged determination and persistence will eventually pay off..ย 

The only problem is that when you finally get to this stage, all youโ€™ll ever think and dream about is metal detecting.. Your marriage will fail and your kids will starve but none of this matters as long as you can get a few more swings in.. In metal detecting thereโ€™s no such thing as an unhealthy obsession.. A house filled to the brim with all the latest detectors that youโ€™ll never use is not weird at all.. Just rest assured that thereโ€™s many others just like you!ย 

YEAHH... you name it all. But what should I say.... ๐Ÿ™„ ... here we go! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 2