X-coils For The GPX 6000 - Information Repository

phrunt

Yes, that wasn't me, just passing on the information, the 12x6" coil and gold finds are the X-coils manufacturers testing the coil out.  If it was me I'd be jumping for joy though, firstly it would mean I own a GPX 6000 and secondly it would mean I've got the 12x6" coil to use on it 😛

What I will do from now on is any information I get about these new GPX 6000 X-coils I'll put them into this thread, that way it keeps it all consolidated and for those that are interested they can open this thread up and see what's happening, and for those not interested it's all contained in once place so they know where it is.

So here is the previous video of the first test coil being used, it's a 15x10"

Also, the adapter is a fairly tricky one compared to the GPZ coils, with the chip needing removed from the original coil to make it, fortunately for the Aussies the guy that's currently making everyone's GPZ adapters there has said he'd be interested in making the GPX adapters for people too, and X-coils are in discussions with him about this taking place in the future so that'll make it a lot easier for the Australians who want to use these coils.

• Like 8

• The title was changed to X-coils For The GPX 6000 - Information Repository

I would like to see Minelab come to the party straight away and allow aftermarket coils to be made, with the required chips sold by Minelab.

Aftermarket coil makers have a long history of making coils that are far better than what Minelab is supplying as stock. Minelab need to embrace this, because coils will come whether they want them or not. 

As an aside, I see more and more people complaining about the PITA coil twisting problem on the 6K, with some even resorting to sourcing carbon shafts and building their own lower stems, complete with locking pins ! Very poor for a detector costing 8K !

Rick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is a video of the 12x6" coil finding a little nugget, it's very windy there at the moment, I think he does very well to recover this with one hand while filming with the other..... I doubt I would be capable of doing that, I always put my phone down to recover it 🙂

They're currently working on an even smaller size coil so I will hopefully have a video of that one being tested soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

X-coils are currently working hard on making and testing various models of coils.  They've now competed an 8" Coil which is working very well.  This one would be one I would have to have for the 6000 as I love this coil on my GPZ, it's really one of my favourite coils, the other being the 15" Concentric although I'm not sure if we will see Concentric coils on the GPX, who knows...... 🙂

Here is a video of it being used.

And here is it next to it's 11" coil that went through open heart surgery to allow the X-coils to live 🙂

1632825140459578.thumb.jpg.0ec87a1ee445096f66967fda921f5112.jpg

Things are progressing well for them and another size that I would desperately want is currently being made but until it's tested and verified as a good working size that's kept under wraps.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1