X-coils For The GPX 6000 - Information Repository

phrunt

• 4 weeks later...

And look what we have here!!!!

1821946511_10x6gpx6000coil.thumb.jpg.db0f654c6af42f145f2d45309d0b6abd.jpg

The 10x6" coil for the GPX 6000.  I'll put a video of it in action up in a few days, hopefully with a gold find on it from the manufacturers.

I'm told It finds targets the standard 11" coil misses.

• Like 8

The X-coil manufacturers have been out using the 10x6" coil, these were the nuggets from a 3-4 hour hunt in an area they'd detected before with many detectors, including the Gold Monster.

1680037051_GoldNuggetsfoundwith10x6.thumb.jpg.241aa45a879c8ec0caec5e3734db95ee.jpg

There is a video of one of the finds too, it was very windy on the day so difficult to hear. 

Once snow clears they'll head into the forest area to find more gold where it won't be windy and do another video.

• Like 4

The 10x6" Prototype coil finds more gold, this time in an area with no wind so you can hear it operating better, you'll see the sensitivity setting of the detector in the video but it goes pretty quick so I've done a screenshot of it.

1304199825_10x6sensitivity.jpg.a18ac1c363b239238160063603ae1de7.jpg

And the video

If and when I get a GPX 6000, this would be my coil of choice.  Perfect size/shape for my detecting areas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another video taken the same day, I am sure I could benefit from the pinpointing ability of the 10x6" and getting gold up in rocky spots.

• Like 4

Finally a 6x12 elliptical, now how about a 14, 16, or 18" by 6"..!  For ALL detectors.

We need to advance beyond big round coils that are heavy, clumsy to use, hard to pinpoint, don't really work anywhere but wide open spaces, and offer little or no added coverage over long elliptical's. 

I previously challenged the coil manufacturers to come up with these long elliptical's, just make them longer and work on winding designs to help compensate for depth loss due to width.

• Like 1

I find the 15x10" to be a really good size which for me is considered a bigger coil.  They've already made that size for the GPX 6000, it was the first size made.   I understand in Australia wanting the big round coils with the big deep gold.  That's why it's good to have a range of coils available though, something to suit everybody.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My biggest gripe with Minlab is there P.I detectors are TOO Expensive, and controlling who can make coils for their machines just adds to that expense.

The other negative is Minelab loses the benefit of third party R&D, No one company can always come up with the next new idea, or advancement, even with the obvious large budget Minelab Wisely puts towards R&D.

I want to see Reasonably Priced Coils, that will add to my reason to purchase a particular detector in the first place.!  And if a 16 or 18in Elliptical coil can get the same depth as a 14in Round one I would take that over the round one any day.  JMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10x6 gpx 6000 coil.jpg

Hopefully the rumor that Coiltek is working on a similar, but plug and play option, comes to pass. Otherwise by spring I guess I'll be in line for my first X Coil, as this is just what I want for my 6000. I've got no problem sacrificing my 14" DD coil if that is what it takes to get an adapter. But winter is here, no rush for me right now. However, the clock is ticking...... :smile:

• Like 6

On 11/1/2021 at 4:14 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Hopefully the rumor that Coiltek is working on a similar, but plug and play option, comes to pass. Otherwise by spring I guess I'll be in line for my first X Coil, as this is just what I want for my 6000. I've got no problem sacrificing my 14" DD coil if that is what it takes to get an adapter. But winter is here, no rush for me right now. However, the clock is ticking...... :smile:

Since Nuggetfinder, Coiltek and other came on the scene I have not used the standard coils that was forced to come with the detector. This is not because they are second rate for the new guy off the street, it because other coil makers make their coils for specific advantages like weight and sizes that fit my requirements.

• Like 1