Give Me Some Old Time Perspective!

There is just something I like about this video in addition to some things I don't.  I do think it is worth a watch in this new world of small gold.

• Like 7

Interesting video, obviously he’s experienced and much of what he says is as important as any detector you could own.. if you can mentally meet the challenges and frustrations of nugget hunting and enjoy the hunt for what it is your way ahead of the game. He qualifies his opinion on the new technology with saying he’s never held one the problem with that approach is the generic assessment of technology in general it sells the differences in new technology a little short. Those differences can be and are rather profound, this new technology is much improved by circumstance... kind of gold, physical endurance of course locations you have access to as well. 

I much appreciate the information and time he took to make and post, seems like a really cool and qualified detector’ist interested in sharing his considerable knowledge and experience, I’d love to read or hear his opinions even more after he has had time to use one.

• Like 3

True as we age a lot of us become stuck in muds, tis true also not just in detecting but all pursuits, I know I started out with blinkers on and could not see the trees for the forest, now I try not to use preconceived ideas about where gold is, what detector to use etc etc.

I`ll put the 6K on a pedestal up against all others as the machine that will introduce more to become successful gold detector operators than any before. Its simplicity, its ergonomics, but most of all its sensitivity because regardless of  alternative beliefs, the small sub grammers are the prospectors staple diet wherever. (and while I haven`t prospected wherever I eat beef) It is the Gold Monster/SDC ie. VLF/PI cross that gives both beyond VLF depth and beyond PI sensitivity. Its not just different its MLs evolution, but no doubt they have something else up their sleeve.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Northeast
      Morning everyone, 
      Had a search of the forum and although there are a few mentions of the 14" DD in various thread content I couldn't find a specific thread for discussion around it. 
      Did a video a few days ago getting a few small pieces of gold and small rubbish at a location I've found lots of small gold in a small area.  
      I know that I like watching videos and many of us often encourage others to do a video of this or that.  I figure that rather than asking everyone else to do it I should probably do some of the hard yards myself!  This is certainly not an advertisement of a Youtube channel and I have no illusions that my production quality or information provided is any better than fairly average  🤣
      Something for you Northern Hemisphere folk to watch during the cold months.  
      Happy for anyone to add to the discussion, link a video, show some DD finds or provide some tips on the thread.   
      The thing I found interesting about this was that the target shown at 3.55 mins was quite bright in Normal ground mode.  It ended up being no target at all and just a small pocket of really wet clay.  The fact that it brightened up with the DD surprises me.  The fact that it then brightened up quite a bit more in Normal maybe should have alerted me to the fact that it was ground noise and not a genuine target as the difference in signal on small pieces of gold swapping between Difficult and Normal has been quite small.
      Cheers, N.E.  

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          The new Minelab 17" Elliptical Searchcoils for the Minelab GPX 6000 have been flying off the shelves, definitely high demand.   Due to the high demand, I haven't had much time to use one, everyone ends of taking mine ... LOL
      I haven't seen much larger gold being found at depth yet, but I'm sure it is.  Curious how people and past customers are doing with this new 17" Searchcoil beyond covering more ground quicker?  
      We still have a few left in stock from the last large shipment and more on the way if anyone is still searching for a new "Christmas present.!"  Hahaha 
      Would love to see some pictures or at least hear about any success with the new searchcoil.  
      Wishing you all much success on the goldfield.
      17" Searchcoil available here - https://www.robsdetectors.com/minelab-gpx-6000-17-searchcoil/
      Rob
    • By calabash digger
      We hit a Colonial site today that will be lost to development this week.  Sorry about the pics left the finds in my pouch. We are losing sites here at a very fast pace.

• By Rob Allison
      Hello All,
          I have a lot of video footage and pictures from earlier this season, mostly around the Summer time.  I'm just getting some free time to get some of the stuff uploaded and posted.  I figured this would be a nice nugget to post and see right before the Thanksgiving weekend.  This piece was found under about a foot of hardpack, caliche gravels.  This particular gold nuggets, as seen in the video was wedged in a bedrock crack/crevice.  Just makes you think how many years (hundreds, thousands?) this piece has been hiding there.  
      The nugget was difficult to remove from hand tools as we didn't want to damage the piece not knowing the actual size or shape.  We ended up using a Hammer Drill with a chisel bit to extract the gold nugget.  
      The nugget ended up weighing right at 1/4 ounce solid.  We also found another smaller one, about 1/2 Gram in the same crack prior to this piece.  I dug the first smaller one out, but knew it was way too loud of a signal on the GPZ 7000 for it to be that small nugget.  Low and behold, we scanned over the spot again and the signal was pretty much just as load as originally.  
      Tool used were the Minelab GPZ 7000, Minelab GPX 6000, Garrett AT Pinpointer, hand tools, picks and the Hammer Drill.  
      Here is a short video below of the gold nugget find and extraction.  Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.  Thanks God we are able to enjoy such a wonderful hobby searching for gold.
      P.S.  If you enjoy these video, Subscribe to our Nuggethunting channel to follow us.  
      Thanks for watching.  Any comments are appreciated.  

• By Aureous
      Seeing how this topic has numerous mentions across the internet, what are the range of faults exhibited? My nearest dealer is over an hour from me so I don't want to travel back and forth after picking mine up if I get a faulty one. So I know what to look for after collection and field test. 
    • By oldcoinhunter
      My first 6000 was faulty out of the box which they replaced with a new one. I've had the new one for 21 days and probably used it 8 days before it went bad.  When i was boxing it up to ship back i heard something rattling inside of it, not good. In researching i found that they've known them to have major issues since March or April, yet they have refused to address the issue with a production stop or at least look at the different production runs and recall those units. I think when it's all said and done there will be a substantial number of them that are faulty worldwide. As it stands now, Detector Center states that there is a" temporary" 10- 14 day time frame for repairing them. My bet is that it's not going to be temporary. If this failure rate continues there may be grounds for a worldwide class action lawsuit, who knows. Oh, and i owned a business for 40 years. Not a very smart way to run a business. JMO.