Give Me Some Old Time Perspective!

There is just something I like about this video in addition to some things I don't.  I do think it is worth a watch in this new world of small gold.

• Like 7

Interesting video, obviously he’s experienced and much of what he says is as important as any detector you could own.. if you can mentally meet the challenges and frustrations of nugget hunting and enjoy the hunt for what it is your way ahead of the game. He qualifies his opinion on the new technology with saying he’s never held one the problem with that approach is the generic assessment of technology in general it sells the differences in new technology a little short. Those differences can be and are rather profound, this new technology is much improved by circumstance... kind of gold, physical endurance of course locations you have access to as well. 

I much appreciate the information and time he took to make and post, seems like a really cool and qualified detector’ist interested in sharing his considerable knowledge and experience, I’d love to read or hear his opinions even more after he has had time to use one.

• Like 3

True as we age a lot of us become stuck in muds, tis true also not just in detecting but all pursuits, I know I started out with blinkers on and could not see the trees for the forest, now I try not to use preconceived ideas about where gold is, what detector to use etc etc.

I`ll put the 6K on a pedestal up against all others as the machine that will introduce more to become successful gold detector operators than any before. Its simplicity, its ergonomics, but most of all its sensitivity because regardless of  alternative beliefs, the small sub grammers are the prospectors staple diet wherever. (and while I haven`t prospected wherever I eat beef) It is the Gold Monster/SDC ie. VLF/PI cross that gives both beyond VLF depth and beyond PI sensitivity. Its not just different its MLs evolution, but no doubt they have something else up their sleeve.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      My first time out in a month, a lot has happened and now I am back to being a fulltime pirate. Water was was warm..70F with the 3mm wetsuit but the winds were up in the Chesapeake Bay this weekend............ Air temps were 54F so the wind chill was bad.
      Four hours hunt time, 7 Silver Washington's, 1 Mercury dime. One 7.49 gram 10k gold Class ring. Silver count is fairly good this year considering it's been a real down year.. (153)
      Next trip out will be with the drysuit.. getting to old for the cold.

• By LuckyLundy
      Early wet Weather in Northern Nevada, sure messed up a few of my hunts!  But, this last Hunt was called Rain or Shine!  Be there or miss out with the original hunting party.  We had half the amount of coils on the ground during this hunt and managed to find a few sweet spots of dinks to add to our pokes.  Rain on us with snow in the ground 200’ above us all 4-Days!  6000, Retune Button got a workout.  I kept the 11” Mono on.  Tried the DD for a few hours with no luck, don’t know if the ground and line I took was bad, but the guys behind me where finding nuggets…so back to the 11”.  My truck is out in the drive way in the wet Weather still loaded up with me gear!  Getting wet again to unload it, I can’t wait 🤨
      Until the next Hunt!
      LuckyLundy

• By Reno Chris
      The Fisher Gold Bug 2 has been around for decades and is well known as one of the most sensitive metal detectors on the market. It has been the gold nugget detector of choice for many over the years. There really has never been a Gold Bug 3 - though some have asked for it. Fisher has now updated the user interface of the GB2. However the features and the guts of the detector remain the same but the user will now have an easier time of operating the machine. It is still a manual ground balance machine, but I think its a good step forward toward making it easier to use.
      Don't ask me why all Fisher gold oriented detectors are called the Gold Bug. I have no idea. These new versions of the GB 2 are supposed to be available to dealers now. If you have any questions on it, I'll try and answer as best as I can.
      Anyway, I recently had one in the field and got to try it out. I did a video on it if you are interested in learning more. You can see the video at:

• By NvAuMiner
      Is there or has there been any comparison testing done in the field on depth with the 6000 vs the 7000 using the NF 12" Z-search coil.
      Thanks . . .
    • By Skookum
      I had something strange happen, today. I had my GPX 6000 battery fully charged and fresh off the charger.  It had completed its charge cycle and then trickle charged overnight.  I popped it in the detector and started detecting. Within five minutes the battery meter dropped from three bars to two bars.  If I turned off the detector and let it sit for a 5-10 minutes and then turned it back on, it would go back up to three bars for a short period of time before then going back to two bars. Has anyone else noticed this with theirs?
    • By Luis
      as I already put in another post, I just bought a second-hand gpx 5000.  It comes with the comander 11 DD and 11Mono coils.  I would like if it is possible for a colleague to recommend a coil to complement the ones it brings.  Its use would be to search for coins.  I've been looking at the detech 15 inch DD ultra sensing.  If anyone has used it, what can you tell me about it?