Fresh Drop Hunting..3 Gold Rings

Nice finds, as usual Joe!!💍💍💍 And your lead collection should be large enough by now, to supply a tackle shop, or small army!!😂👍👍

• Haha 2

If you do, the feet go down!!🤣👍👍

• Haha 2
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I think I'll have to get one of those suits..............

I still have two but they were for the cooler water months.. Nov/Dec then April/May. The one that had the floating boots got cut up in the rescue, that one was used for Jan/Feb..... But I do have a plan...

• Like 3

Another great hunt in the books for you, I hope that you are having fun at it as I am having fun reading about the finds.

Good luck and happy hunting. Stay safe!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

The one that had the floating boots got cut up in the rescue,

Have you ever contacted the manufacturer of that suit?  They may pay you some money out of great concern for what happened to you.  You should let them know you have never told anyone you were wearing THEIR suit and see what they say!  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

I'll try to remember that JoeD !

Joe B , plans are a good thing . Hope it works out better this year .

( I was thinking about the lead weights too,,,,maybe make ankle bracelets to keep those boots on the bottom ?????)🙃

• Like 2

I thought they called those "concrete goloshes" or "lead slippers" up your way!🤣  But you may be onto something! As long as they don't pull you down into a hole!! 👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      My first time out in a month, a lot has happened and now I am back to being a fulltime pirate. Water was was warm..70F with the 3mm wetsuit but the winds were up in the Chesapeake Bay this weekend............ Air temps were 54F so the wind chill was bad.
      Four hours hunt time, 7 Silver Washington's, 1 Mercury dime. One 7.49 gram 10k gold Class ring. Silver count is fairly good this year considering it's been a real down year.. (153)
      Next trip out will be with the drysuit.. getting to old for the cold.

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      A friend took me out on his boat Friday in search of Gold and Silver at a spot that is very hard to get too. Fours hours and all I had was several silvers but I could smell the gold.. It was close...just never found it.... Saturday I forced myself to get out of bed and go in search of that yellow stuff again (alone this time). Different beach...Water was calm.. and the tides were not the best but being what they were it forced me to hunt in the right spot.  Not a lot of targets but got into a little area I could feel it again, then about 16 inches down, out came a 12 gram 10k gold. Hunted for a while longer, then as I was walking in, "out of the blue" I got another signal. Out came a 5.8 gram X10k. Old stamp.. Final total (both hunts) 7 hours,... 2 10k golds, 13 Silvers. I've had a very "Blessed" week, 5 gold rings total (30.58 grams of gold) , 24 Silver coins..in 4 hunts, about 16 hours. Three different beaches. Winds and Tides are off this week, then that crazy day light savings time is coming.😒
      Both John and I had a good time, and interesting, I had a chance to see how well the Nox 800 with stock coil did against my 10 inch coil Stealth Excalibur. In short, I have nothing to worry about from the Nox's. No doubt the best machine to have on fresh drop beaches, but when the targets are very deep, I'm not even sure the 15 inch coil on the Nox would help.
      Wish I could get back to the one spot, the AQ would kill that place I believe, Here...when you digging a lot of silver.. the gold is right there with it. It was just to deep for the Excalibur at the first spot.
      Good Luck to everyone out there and Be Safe! 

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Back out again yesterday, 3 hours. 2 gold bands and 3 silver coins. One of the gold bands is fairly old, guessing from the Hallmark/Fineness mark ... * X * (10k) late 1800's. I went back where I had found the gold Sunday when using the Excalibur but this trip I took the Fisher "AQ" PI. The "AQ" is a killer on deep gold rings. Both rings about 14 inches down, one I said.. this is trash.. signal had a  Faint "Quick" ramp up, down, then quick back up.. semi broken signal.  Like a short bobby pin?.. In all metal. Machine was super silent and smooth the full hunt.. Delay was 10.. Volume just short of full (9) .. sensitivity cranked up (9) ...ATS 4.5 and all metal ..dig all.
      Ring one is 14k 4.28grams, Second older gold is 1.6 grams 10k
      Also remember I have a audio cut off for the volume on the handle, that's the reason the audio can not be heard when I run the coil over the target in the sifter. I can hear it for it so loud it bleeds thru the switch faintly. 
      I love this machine!!

• By CPT_GhostLight
      I've been so busy that I almost for to post this... a week  or two ago, I took the Nox with my 10x5" coil to an older park in my area which has been there since before WWII. I ran Park 2, 50 tones, FE2=6, Recovery at 6, and was able to run Sensitivity at 21-22. The park was surprisingly clean and most of the targets were fairly deep at 5-8" or so with some deeper. I was hoping to score a silver rosie or maybe a merc but all I was getting was more modern clad and a taunting from a 1965 Washington quarter.
      I moved toward the middle of the park and found a few copper memorial pennies when I hit a real nice sounding target. I thought it might be a wheatie or something but out popped this odd copper looking round thingie. I thought might be an older button as it was pretty heavy for its size. I was later told it is a hem weight. I'm not familiar with those and have no idea of its age.
      I decided to move towards the baseball field which has been there longer than the park has and then it happened. I got a nice high 28 tone at about 4" and the turf gave up a nice Silver ring with stones that I figured were CZs. I tested them when I got home and low and behold they all tested diamond. The ring is stamped 925 Mex and weighs 6.96 grams.
      So I didn't find any silver coins, but that ring will do just fine. 😎

• By dewcon4414
      Some knows I broke a couple of toes a couple of weeks ago.  Yesterday is was attempting to put a TV stand with a very heavy thick glass top on it in a dumpster.   That glass came off…. and dropped straight down on those toes. Man that hurts like heck.   Well I was determined to do a little hunting anyway.   Long slow walk tot the water.  It was really moving pushing me a round.  Managed to check the transition points with some success.  If you get there at low tide you can clearly see what the beach has been doing and where the deep cuts are made.  Wend was out of the SW and pushing the waves.   Good many coins considering the guys hit it last night.  One SS, a silver earring marked Jordan and the small 14k gold 3.9 grams.  After today …. Man I’m taking a few days off again

• By Skullgolddiver
      For First I wanna Say Hi to all of You here...
      I've been far for quite a long time due to mandatory work sessions in the "other Life".
      The pandemic pushed hard on my little beach business and to pay Bills and keep my little daughter I started again with people transportation in the end of August.
      Today I was finally out for a day off walking on the beach and Also found a "promising spot to get the job done"...
      But the tone of this post Is more related to a new beach machine I'm dreaming to own for Christmas.
      So I Ask to You, my fellows beach Hunters...What Will You buy considering a Ctx, an Excal and a TDI Beachunter already owned?
      Cause the First Is a sniper discriminator but not that Deep like a Nox...(And not properly waterproof both of them)
      The second Is maybe the unstoppable pleasure Toy for a diver like me, but blind on chains and thin stuff...
      The third of my guns already drowned and reanimated a couple times, Will be my pulse last option to never remain without a machine in case of the 3rd world war...
      So...What's next?