Fresh Drop Hunting..3 Gold Rings

1 hour ago, Elbert said:

Sure is good to see you out there again making those great finds.

El

Thanks Elbert, as it looks right now my out time now is over unless I can get a setter. 

• Oh my! 1

12 hours ago, PPP said:

Hi Joe!

I know you love you Excals and have a very success with it,just wonder if you have have the ctx3030 or what do you think about the ctx in the water(Beside waterproof comparison which excal is better i know) can it hit gold rings in the water as good as Excal?

At this beach any machine could have found these. I had a CTX for a few years, Good machine but not for me, to much information which can be distracting for me. As far as comparing the CTX and Excalibur. I think the CTX is a better machine for finding rings on fresh drop beaches.. I have seen a couple CTX's where I hunt, along with several Nox's on the older beaches. Never have I seen them find old Gold, My opinion, it comes down to the hunters abilities with the machine and knowledge of this type of hunting..

I can share this, I hunted a older small beach where I was invited by two CTX users and one AT Pro.... When I left the first day and they seen what I found, one went out right away and got a Excalibur.. Him with a new Excalibur and doing a few modifications reopened that spot up where I would say he got a "LOT"  more silver and gold from it..  Mike Guard like me seemed to connect with the Excalibur.. I can take Mike out with me and he can find everything I find, I take others who have Nox's, Excalibur's and CZ20/21's .. Most find only a few targets. So I would say, it's not the machine its the users.. I never clicked with the CTX.. with the right user it may find all I find.. but yet to see it happen.

Post from a very good friend I took to one spot, Tom has been detecting about 40 years plus years.

Second picture is my take that day.. 

OBN-000.jpg

OBN0360 (3).jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I can share this, I hunted a older small beach where I was invited by two CTX users and one AT Pro.... When I left the first day and they seen what I found, one went out right away and got a Excalibur..

I remember when you posted the side by side depth tests several years back and a CZ21 was the deepest on a gold ring ... but it low toned, very solid low tone, with the ring at depth. That taught me that I needed to dig it all with the CZ in all metal, or use it like a PI and only exclude the sweeps that double blipped. After a few years on an Excal and going between it and the CZ it became apparent the the minimum discrimination setting nulling on the Excal excludes less gold than what the low tone indication on the CZ does. Both seem to find more and better stuff running all metal and digging the deep ones. It is an ongoing learning experience ... never ending learning!

Thank you for all the lessons you share!!!

• Like 6

Joe, we have a beach hunting, ring finding version of you, down South here! His name is Terry Shannon, of the Treasure Coast! Look him up on YouTube sometime! He also has a few books out!! Like you, a very nice fellow with some amazing skills!!😁👍👍

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 10:19 AM, Joe D. said:

Joe, we have a beach hunting, ring finding version of you, down South here! His name is Terry Shannon, of the Treasure Coast! Look him up on YouTube sometime! He also has a few books out!! Like you, a very nice fellow with some amazing skills!!😁👍👍

I love Terry, Very Good guy and a Great speaker!........... I remember him on the Treasuredepot years ago on the "Ring Daddy" page. He was in the top 5 for 3 years....{marked in red} ...The Depot always had (SOME) of the top gun hunters in the USA, I started watching the site around 2010 .. I posted over there a few times then someone told me it was for the Pro Hunters.. so I just watched for few years .........Then I let them have it.. OBN..

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, you definitely blew them out of the water!!😂

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Were you tempted to post Who's Your Daddy now ? Skuh kuh kuh kuh

Guess the totals spoke for you well enough.....

Na... I did come in like a Bull in a China shop...........

I can't remember who told me that but I do remember it well, kind of like me standing up and someone telling me to set down for no one knows you... 

I had that happen another time also. When I first started hunting the Chesapeake Bay I would go to the local beach (Sandy Point) and watch the hunters. So I joined in, it was a 6am to 9am hunt.... ... everyone had to get out of the water by 9am ..then they would meet in the parking lot and show their finds off. I remember I had found a gold cross and walked over to show everyone.. only one person said nice find, .......  Joe D.. still my friend.

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

Well, had this Joe D. been there, I would have been the second to congratulate you!! I love seeing how others do in the "same" spots! When there willing to show me! It's all well earned!!🎊👌

I have no "secret spots" or places I consider "mine" alone!! But I know some beach areas that can be sorta "clicky" with the locals! I guess that's everywhere! I would hope at some point, once they see you a few times, and what you find, that maybe they should become more friendly, and learn something new! No one gets it all!!👍👍

• Like 1