Site Revisit With Change Of Detector -- Same Disappointing Result

Those two mated pieces look to me to be a kids life size "cowboy" cap gun barrel!

Sorry you didn't find the coins that "should" have been there, but is it possible that someone beat you there? And cleaned it out! Or they simply got buried deeper, being a path! Still interesting finds!!

Anyway, I'm sure there are other locations, including the waterfall area, that has some hidden coins/jewelry!!👍👍

20210918_103751.jpg

20210918_104509.jpg

• Like 5

It's hard to know what went on there on that path. Maybe they scraped some dirt 50 years ago, maybe a washout took the coins and relics away, or as always feared, somebody got there first and cherry picked the coins. Either way you don't have to wonder what might have have been there if you didn't detect it, and saw them covering it up with the new boardwalk. If there were some coins hiding there you would have found them judging by what you were able to recover. You didn't miss any, they just aren't there for some reason.

• Like 4

Nice hunting G-B and glad you found some nice targets, but I wonder if you have tried to hunt any part of the creek. Those types of trails are good for old coins in the water just a few feet from the bank. It really depends on how fast the water is going to be able to hunt it.

Good luck and keep a swinging.

• Like 3

Hey GB, one of the pot metal pieces is the Monopoly cannon. Interesting finds! Glad you got some gold.monopoly-cannon.jpg.7f4fb421f72fee2511421da71a3a1971.jpg

And I got the hammer for the cap gun if you need it 😀20210918_114649.thumb.jpg.0b84bde2e0614be5b3b64a8f3dcdc169.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Those two mated pieces look to me to be a kids life size "cowboy" cap gun barrel!

Sorry you didn't find the coins that "should" have been there, but is it possible that someone beat you there? And cleaned it out! Or they simply got buried deeper, being a path! Still interesting finds!!

Anyway, I'm sure there are other locations, including the waterfall area, that has some hidden coins/jewelry!!👍👍

20210918_103751.jpg

20210918_104509.jpg

I had 2 of those as a kid!!