Couple Of Finds With The Apex

Β  Β Nice finds again Kac! The rings are popping up nicely for you!!πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Shame the Apex came out right after I bought the Ace 400. I was in a hurry to find all those nails. πŸ˜€Β 

That ring is a great find. πŸ‘Β 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Shame the Apex came out right after I bought the Ace 400. I was in a hurry to find all those nails. πŸ˜€Β 

That ring is a great find. πŸ‘Β 

Think my old bounty hunter 505 is a way better nail finder πŸ™‚

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, kac said:

Think my old bounty hunter 505 is a way better nail finder

My Tracker IV will still beat the 505 on nails.

Great hunt and some nice saves again, good luck on your next hunt.

• Haha 1

Another great hunt. Test that ring. You might have something good.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Another great hunt. Test that ring. You might have something good.

I thought it was silver but it isn't. Did another acid test and shows as 10k so it's white gold. Gold will pass the platinum acid test I guess.

So White gold. Not a high end piece as there is some sanding marks on the inside where it wasn't polished enough so probably some new or small maker and probably sent the master to a casting house that left the finishing to them. Just my theory and sticking to it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kac said:

So White gold. Not a high end piece...

Well, boohoo.Β Β  :laugh:Β  I was going to suggest an Archimedes Principle specific gravity measurement which should fairly easily separate silver (/alloy) from platinum (/alloy).Β  Much tougher to distinguish gold from platinum unless one alloy is a lot purer than the other.Β  Maybe platinum jewelry is always very high content of platinum?Β  Anyone know?

Glad the Garrett Apex is working well for you.Β  It needs some love after some of the reviews it got when it was released.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/19/2021 at 7:06 PM, kac said:

Puttered around on some old stomping grounds, further up from where I found the gold ring with yellow diamond and found an 1881 IH penny with heavy patina so won't bother to clean it and a thin what seems to be platinum ring. No stones in it and the casting and finish is a little rough so thinking it was a custom piece. Also found an old pewter spoon, was a little spread out in the hole but managed to find all the pieces.

Never thought the Apex would do so well with jewelry as it does. Audio on it is so simple.

Congratulations, kac, on anotherΒ successful hunt.Β  As you know, I have 3 Apex devices sporting different coils, and my primary-use Apex w/'Ripper' coil continues to impress me with a combination of comfort, long operating battery 'run-time', and impressive performanceΒ afield.Β  NicoΒ depth, great recovery time, and very responsiveΒ to small, thin, 'tricky' targets.

Β 

20 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Glad the Garrett Apex is working well for you.Β  It needs some love after some of the reviews it got when it was released.

I continue to praise the ApexΒ for all it offers and the performance it provides, making it a terrific mid-priced model that can compete well with many more spendy devices.Β  I think some of the introduction period had negative repliesΒ by some folks who were bias toward a different brand, some who didn't give the Apex enough time in use to learnΒ and know it, and IΒ also know a few who simply flashed out some comments they had heard or read and never saw or laid their hands on an Apex at all.

Monte

• Like 5