Unbelievable Day!!!!

15 hours ago, Raphis said:

.... that produced a 31 silver day (my PB).  All of these parks were just regular, old parks from the ‘20’s-40’s era, without any ground movement.  ...

31 silver, in a single hunt, from a normal routine turfed park ?   I think I heard from your buddy about that, who was with you that day.   But as I keep trying to tell you :  It's not fair for you to compare your tallies with ours.  Since we've determined that  you're not human.  You're a robot.   Tsk tsk    😬

15 hours ago, Raphis said:

8 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Nice hunt. Great finding a spot like that. Great photos too. You could turn your statement into a metal detecting old rock & roll song like Hot Rod Lincoln. Which detector did you use?

That spot I was running the Nox, been using both the CTX and the Nox on this trip, both have done well 🙂

3 hours ago, Raphis said:

A wartime Jefferson nickel no doubt.  If Dan soaks that in lemon juice for a few hrs (or more), it should look a lot more like a nickel.

It is a war nickle that rang up as a penny, came in at 24 on the Nox, that's the only reason I dug it 🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm salvating with envy.  Kinda funny that the 'homework' you did wasn't what led you to this one.  Nothing wrong with stumbling onto a spot and you had the smarts to realize it was worth a check.  Jackpot!!  10 straight hours of detecting -- hope you had plenty of water.  Texas must still be hot in mid-September.

What is that crusty thing next to the silver GW quarter?

IMO, you found a spot that has never been hunted.  (Historic Aerials likely will tell you more.)  I suspect the other baseball infield has been landscaped/backfilled and agree with your hypothesis that they just hadn't done that where you found the silver mine.  Are there still parts of that site you haven't surveyed?

Consistent with Raphis's post, I think you experienced time travel -- back to the 1970's and 80's when lots of school yards and muni parks were just laden with silver coins for the pickin'.  I hope I find one of those someday.

The crusty is a war nickle at hit at 24 on the Nox, thought I was digging a penny 🙂   I drank a gallon of water that day, thankfully there was a nice breeze.  I did roam around the rest of the ball field, nothing doing, it was only a small portion of the field.

• Like 2