Coiltek Coils For The GPX 6000 - Confirmed!

Coiltek

On 5/16/2022 at 2:32 AM, phrunt said:

This thread is an interesting read, especially now most of it has played out, I'd highly recommend people read it all again now that time has gone by šŸ™‚

Just skimmed over it again...it is a mix of everything related to coils, marketing and engineering. In particular Geof's replies are well appreciated. If I was a coil manufacturer my head would be spinning from all the requests...maybe a flow chart would make it Ā easier to understand who wants what types of coils for where. And Minelab...clever as they are... tip toeing around what detector to build next while being careful not to build a coil or let anyone else build a coil that will effect the sales of the precious 7000.Ā 

strickĀ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Geez, it's a tough call which brand will be first to the post.Ā Ā  I want one of each brand šŸ™‚

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A few questions if you will Trevor.

We are at the point of per-ordering where some dealers are wanting full payment up front so I feel disclosing the basics like my questions below aren't out of line.

Are you able to release the weights of the coils?Ā 

Have you decided recycled Ice cream containers aren't the best thing to make coils out of and chosen a different plastic? Do the Coilteks scratch just touching them with your scoop?Ā  I'd rather a slightly heavier sturdier coil personally.

Are they waterproof to 1m or something?

And lucky last, is the 10x5" still a semi spiral or did you have to go bundle wound with it?Ā 

• Like 3

Good questions phrunt, thanks for asking the questions we all want to know.Ā 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies - and some good questions.

Phrunt - answers are

weights of the coils are on the website now:Ā https://coiltek.com.au/coils/goldhawk-series/

9" = 700gms inc skid plate

10x5" = 575gm inc skid plate

14x9" = 900gm inc skid plate

Plastics are UV rated ABS

There isnt many plastics that wont scratch in the field with dirt being scrapped over the coils. the labels are a polycarb so are very durable and will look great even if rubbed over with the scoop. coils are quite robust to handle many conditions

yes waterproof to 1 mtr.

All coils are bunched windings.

Hope this helps answer your initial queries and I am sure more will be answered once the coils are out in the field after July 14th

Thanks, Trevor

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for your prompt reply Trevor, looks like I'll be trying out a 10x5" once my dealer gets 'em.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Coiltek said:

All coils are bunched windings.

ALL coils are NOT flat wound? That goes against the original ML parameters for the 6000. I would hope thats a typo/mistake as the 9" round and the 14x9 SHOULD be flat wound....there's room in the coil shell, just like the Elite coils for the previous GPX series... The 10x5 HAS to be bundle wound of course.

• Like 1