Coiltek Coils For The GPX 6000 - Confirmed!

Coiltek

A little bundle wound 10x5" on the GPX should be a killer coil, the 8" on my GPZ is bundle wound and fantastic for small gold performance.  I'm betting the Coiltek 10x5" will be the same, not only that being bundle wound the edges with the GPX 6000 power on small gold are going to be crazy sensitive to up around rocks more so than if it was semi spiral.

I'm not overly interested in the other sizes but the 10x5" is going to be good I think.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aureous said:

ALL coils are NOT flat wound? That goes against the original ML parameters for the 6000. I would hope thats a typo/mistake as the 9" round and the 14x9 SHOULD be flat wound....there's room in the coil shell, just like the Elite coils for the previous GPX series... The 10x5 HAS to be bundle wound of course.

Hi Aureous... I am not sure what you mean by the 'original ML parameters' and what information you have on this.

The GOLDHAWK coils are bunch wound like the ML coils.

I hope this clears up your concern.

Trev.

Hello All,

Here are some pictures of the new Coiltek GoldHawk Searchcoils for the Minelab GPX 6000 Metal Detector.  There is already a huge pre-order demand, so make sure you contact me ASAP to get one of the first ones to hit US soil.  

We have supported and sold Coiltek products for over 15 years here in the US.  

Rob's Detector Sales 

Contact us via -

email - rob@robsdetectors.com
phone - 623-362-1459 Lan line or 602-909-9008 Cell or Text Messages

CoiltekGoldHawk2.jpg

CoiltekGoldHawk1.jpg

What are the prices in USD for these Rob? I'm assuming the ones on the prior page are in AUD?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coiltek said:

Hi Aureous... I am not sure what you mean by the 'original ML parameters' and what information you have on this.

The GOLDHAWK coils are bunch wound like the ML coils.

The 6000 was designed for use with flat wound coils. The 11" is flat wound as is the transmit winding on the 14DD. NF is making flat wound coils I understand, at least in the 2 larger sizes. If all your Goldhawk coils are simply bundle wound, then you have lost a huge proportion of your potential sales instantly. I cannot imagine you have lost this obvious point whilst the coils were in development? Simply put, are the Goldhawk coils made the same way as the earlier Elite coils? The 9" Elite is a great coil and is flat wound. I would imagine that all that is needed is to match the required inductance and resistance values that the 6000 demands and then add the coded chip supplied by Minelab? Sounds easy lol

• Like 1

Here is the guts of the 11" mono GPX coil, thanks strick.

Is this what the GoldHawk windings look like?

1645842373_11mono.thumb.jpg.4a627b267f6a6684e63a7290bafecd6c.jpg

• Like 4

I’ve been enjoying getting to learn how to wrangle my 6000 and have learned a lot by it, especially with the DD vs the stock mono coils.  I’ve had good results (technically speaking) with using both- no issues with any of them but no gold yet 😉 

Anyways, I have a question about the new small Coiltek elliptical about to be released; as a mono coil, do you think it will make that much of a difference to be worth the investment for a recreational detectorist? I was thinking that a similar sized DD would be the most amazing update and investment for a 6K coil arsenal, but what are the chances of one of those being produced this year?

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you hunt areas a lot that have tight locations where an 11" mono refuses to fit, you already know the answer. It is not about whether the smaller coil detects small gold better, as much as it is about it fitting where larger coils will not go. I think the 11" round is an amazing coil, detects gold as small as you could wish for, and also has good depth on larger stuff. A very good balance of performance aspects. A smaller coil will hit tiny bits a little better (not much) while also giving up some depth on larger bits. Not a trade I'd really advise for most people, if space constraints are not an issue. For me, getting between rocks, tightly spaced sagebrush, manzanita, wide deep crevices, etc. is the sole reason for wanting a smaller coil. I've found some very nice nuggets in nooks and crannies. Any small gold boost is simply a bonus for me. Put another way, if space allows, the 11" coil stays on my 6K.

A small DD could be very nice, as the 14" round is too heavy for my taste. I'd be just fine with an 11" round DD. A standard Minelab coil, surprised they did not make one.

Thanks for your experienced reply, Steve. You are right about the DD weight, after swinging the 11” for awhile it is really noticeable, so I shorten the shaft a bit to bring the weight back a bit.  As for the smaller mono, that would be nice and I see how it would be a plus in those rocky and brush covered areas.  May be something to try out, as long as I can be further away from suburbia and powerlines.  And If Coiltek does come out with a small DD for it, I would definitely jump though- it would greatly improve the 6k!

• Like 4