Coiltek Coils For The GPX 6000 - Confirmed!

Coiltek

New toy arrived! It arrived too late in the day to test it out.

IMG_0108.jpg.4a7ea11fdc905b3b8ec3859db481460e.jpg

The water hunters will be pleased to see it has a nice solid base under the skid plate so it won't fill with water.

IMG_0109.jpg.0c4d3d0aba7c63fbe402bc486654038b.jpg

Will give it a spin tomorrow and see how it goes on some test targets, then should be able to go for a gold hunt Friday, got too much to do tomorrow for that.  Feels solid as a rock, really nice tough build quality.    People won't need to put protective stickers on these coils that's for sure, such a different plastic.

• Like 3

The radiographs are slightly under exposed in the first two you show Simon the plastic details well but under exposing the metal showing less detail thus the solid looking mass... the ones I took are slightly over exposed showing better detail of the wiring...and less of the plastic...adjusting the power and the time on the generator  you can manipulate the picture to show softer structures or more dense structures accordingly.  I was hoping coiltek would chime in on how their coils are built. They certainly look good from the outside lol

strick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the response Trevor...the other guy uses core cell in their coils its good stuff but expensive the reason I know is I’ve bought plenty of for use on boats . Do you use a  light weight foam coring as well?

strick 

2 minutes ago, strick said:

Thanks for the response Trevor...the other guy uses core cell in their coils its good stuff but expensive the reason I know is I’ve bought plenty of for use on boats . Do you use a  light weight foam coring as well?

strick 

Yes we do... A foam inner core which the windings are laid in - lightweight and strong. 🙂 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Coiltek said:

“Pressure regulation pad to keep out water and dust but assist to regulate the pressure in the coil to minimise any swelling and induced noise”

Hello Trevor,

just purchased the little 10x5 for my 6K and will be using it for the first time in the mountains this week.  I have a question about using the pressure regulator tab, as the places I intend to use it will be over 5000 ft (~1500m) above my current elevation, I assume my coil will be a little puffy when I get there and may need to lose a bit of air. Then when I get home it’ll be a little concave and I’ll have to let some air in.

Anyway my question is how much noise have you noticed happens from when the coil is going through pressure changes and to what amount of elevation change have you noticed  that happening?  I’m curious if ML Coils are affected by this as well?

Thank you, and I really appreciate the build quality of this coil, you guys did a great job on it. I will certainly post my successes with it when (and if 😁)  they happen!

-Anthony 

Trevor, I just received my 9x14 GoldHawk and was wondering if it is flat wound, bundle wound or a combo of the two?