Coiltek Coils For The GPX 6000 - Confirmed!

Coiltek

My interest in smaller coils is always they can go where the bigger coils can't, they're a necessity here really.  If it's not rocks, uneven ground or long grass its damn thyme and briar rose bushes making larger coils just useless and if my GPZ was using the standard coil I'd be so excited about the 6000 and I'd even be more forgiving with its shortcomings..

Usually the larger coils will get a response on the same size targets as smaller coils in the case of the GPZ and likely the GPX 6000, but based off my experience with the GPZ the smaller coils will add significant depth to the smaller bits over the larger coil and I'd expect it to be the case with the 6000 too.  Sometimes a small nugget that has to rub on the coil on the larger coil will give a number of inches of depth on a smaller coil and this is where I notice the most difference between the larger/smaller coils.  I rarely find a target with the smallest of coil with the GPZ that the standard coil will give no response at all on, it's all about the depth you will find that target with the smaller coil over the larger one.

In the case of the 10x5" Coiltek with bundle wound windings we can expect to see a large boost at the edges of the coil, the GPX 11" coil already has hot edges with it's semi spiral windings, imagine all that wire being pushed right up at the edge of the coil how much more powerful the edges are going to be, so the 10x5" should excel in rocky areas or detecting down into crevice like cracks in bedrock where you'll be able to push that edge down in there.

The smaller mono may pick up less EMI than the 11" too which would be a nice bonus as I'm constantly battling EMI with the 11" that I didn't even know was there with the GPZ.

JW already pointed out to me when he purchased his 6000 it was finding bits his GPZ combo missed because of the edge sensitivity up against rocks the 6000 has over the 7000, that edge sensitivity will be even further enhanced by the Coiltek 10x5" being bundle wound so I don't see that as a negative for that coil at all and I think it or another brands smaller size coil is almost a necessity for me to get the most out of the 6000 in my area, so I'm going to try every brands smaller coil but being different sizes each will have a time I want to use them.  They may be enough to make me want to keep my 6000.

• Like 4

Goldhawk.PNG.44e1a7f8cf51577afcf4e4f3055807ab.PNG

549 Australian Dollar equals
385.10 United States Dollars 
(Google format) insert amounts)
Due to supply and demand, all the traffic will bear, etc etc, I would expect the price to be at least slightly higher in the US. (presently advertised on internet at $401.00 (MSRP: $439.00)

13 minutes ago, phrunt said:

My interest in smaller coils is always they can go where the bigger coils can't, they're a necessity here really.  If it's not rocks, uneven ground or long grass its damn thyme and briar rose bushes making larger coils just useless and if my GPZ was using the standard coil I'd be so excited about the 6000 and I'd even be more forgiving with its shortcomings..

Usually the larger coils will get a response on the same size targets as smaller coils in the case of the GPZ and likely the GPX 6000, but based off my experience with the GPZ the smaller coils will add significant depth to the smaller bits over the larger coil and I'd expect it to be the case with the 6000 too.  Sometimes a small nugget that has to rub on the coil on the larger coil will give a number of inches of depth on a smaller coil and this is where I notice the most difference between the larger/smaller coils.  I rarely find a target with the smallest of coil with the GPZ that the standard coil will give no response at all on, it's all about the depth you will find that target with the smaller coil over the larger one.

In the case of the 10x5" Coiltek with bundle wound windings we can expect to see a large boost at the edges of the coil, the GPX 11" coil already has hot edges with it's semi spiral windings, imagine all that wire being pushed right up at the edge of the coil how much more powerful the edges are going to be, so the 10x5" should excel in rocky areas or detecting down into crevice like cracks in bedrock where you'll be able to push that edge down in there.

The smaller mono may pick up less EMI than the 11" too which would be a nice bonus as I'm constantly battling EMI with the 11" that I didn't even know was there with the GPZ.

JW already pointed out to me when he purchased his 6000 it was finding bits his GPZ combo missed because of the edge sensitivity up against rocks the 6000 has over the 7000, that edge sensitivity will be even further enhanced by the Coiltek 10x5" being bundle wound so I don't see that as a negative for that coil at all and I think it or another brands smaller size coil is almost a necessity for me to get the most out of the 6000 in my area, so I'm going to try every brands smaller coil but being different sizes each will have a time I want to use them.  They may be enough to make me want to keep my 6000.

I’d also expect that hot edge on the 10x5 in addition to its smaller size to make pinpointing targets a lot easier- I’m still trying to find mine with a lot of extra digging.  A pinpointer and magnet are helpful, but it’s a hunt for small targets when my pinpointer can’t detect them.

• Like 1

Just now, GotAU? said:

I’d also expect that hot edge on the 10x5 in addition to its smaller size to make pinpointing targets a lot easier- I’m still trying to find mine with a lot of extra digging.  A pinpointer and magnet are helpful, but it’s a hunt for small targets when my pinpointer can’t detect them.

I can relate to that, I struggle to pinpoint with the 6000 on tiny targets, I can't just tilt the coil on it's side to use as a pinpointer like I do with the GPZ as it goes mental on me telling me off for lifting the coil off the ground and tilting it, sounds like a UFO crossed with a police siren almost every time I do it 🙂 the nose of the 10x5" should help with pinpointing.

• Like 1

A larger round coil like 14 or 18in size would go really well on the 6k in my opinion even if extra noise has to be dealt with. Im very dissapointed that neither of the manufacturers have made any larger coils.

They are all that close in size to the 11in except for their smallest offerings that I won't be buying one. 

I have to say I'm very very disappointed.

I wore out 17x 14in coils on the 4500 and 5000 as 14 was easily the most versatile allround sized coil for the gpx and I suspect this is why the 7k comes with a 14in coil standard.... very very dissapointing!

• Like 1

IMO the 6000 is designed for shallow/medium depth gold. The 17 inch is great for ground coverage but it's focus is still shallow/medium depth gold, despite it's size. Hence, I am not sure if an even bigger coil would make that much of a difference. For outright depth the 7000 is the only good choice.

GC

• Like 7

On 5/20/2022 at 7:49 PM, Gold Hound said:

A larger round coil like 14 or 18in size would go really well on the 6k in my opinion even if extra noise has to be dealt with. Im very dissapointed that neither of the manufacturers have made any larger coils.

They are all that close in size to the 11in except for their smallest offerings that I won't be buying one. 

I have to say I'm very very disappointed.

I wore out 17x 14in coils on the 4500 and 5000 as 14 was easily the most versatile allround sized coil for the gpx and I suspect this is why the 7k comes with a 14in coil standard.... very very dissapointing!

The 6k 17” Minelab elliptical is sensitive and not bad to handle, I like using that to cover ground quickly in the flats. Not bad for $360 US either.

• Like 1

In my educated opinion I think that it will have similar depth with larger coils as the 5k maybe even slightly better.

Still to this date neither nugget finder or Coiltek make larger coils for the 7k either. 

I guess I'll have to souce larger coils off the Xcoil fellow, they seem like the only manufacturer doing large coils for any of the modern tech. Very very dissapointing, I still can't believe neither of the manufacturers are making at least 1 larger round coil to cater to people like me who make a living off their detector.

• Like 1

I just got confirmation that minelab only approved of smaller sized coils being manufactured.

I think it is safe to confirm that this is to limit inward competition and keep up sale's of their top tier product... very very very dissapointing!

• Like 2

Has it gone unnoticed both manufacturers are just making smaller coils for it, and both are making 3 coils each, and both are doing different sizes to each other? coincidence? 😄

It's not their fault!  If they wanted to go rogue and make whatever coils they want they wouldn't get the chip.  That's the world we live in.

• Like 1