Coiltek Coils For The GPX 6000 - Confirmed!

Coiltek

My dealer doesn't do prepayment so I can change my mind any time but I've locked in the 14x9" mostly because it was coming out sooner than the other Aussie brand.  I was hoping to be getting it soon but by the looks of it I'll be waiting until mid to late August now anyway so it gives me the option of changing my order and just getting three coils from the other brand instead of the two I was going to get and not bother with the 14x9".  My aim was to get 2 smaller coils and one bigger one to replace my 11" which I don't trust, the 14x9 seems a good stock coil replacement seeing I'll mostly be using the smallest coils anyway.

• Like 3

Hopefully you post some tests Simon. None of these from either manufacturer have me excited enough to make a purchase, but if they are offering a good performance boost in tests then I'll probably try one out.

I've bought 3 Coiltek coils in my life (all in 4500 days) and all 3 failed, another reason I'm not too excited, and on the sidelines for this one. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, jasong said:

Hopefully you post some tests Simon. None of these from either manufacturer have me excited enough to make a purchase, but if they are offering a good performance boost in tests then I'll probably try one out.

I've bought 3 Coiltek coils in my life (all in 4500 days) and all 3 failed, another reason I'm not too excited, and on the sidelines for this one. 

Yep, I'll be giving them all a workout with some videos.  At this stage I'm keeping my order as is with the 2 smallest coils from the other Aussie brand and the 14x9" Coiltek as I really like the 14x9" size on my older GPX, I'll only change off the Coiltek if it becomes later in delivery than the other brand.  So far the videos of them in use have been very disappointing I think but that can be down to the video more than the coil.   I have high hopes for them all, and at least I'll have more confidence in the coil, their failure rates can't be anywhere near Minelabs.

I've had good luck with my Coiltek 10x5" Joey for my older model GPX which is waterproof and my creek coil now, great little coil and I'm glad I've got it as they discontinued it, so sad to see Coiltek discontinue the 11" AI coil as well, another good coil gone but at least I got one before they were gone.  I'll end up getting the Coiltek 10x5" at a later date as I do really like that size.

For me even if there isn't much of a performance difference with the aftermarket coils the size difference alone is the performance difference I want. The 11" round is pretty big in bushy and rocky areas, if you can't get your coil to the soil no matter how good it is it's not going to keep up with a smaller coil.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Go on Simon you can say it…… “Nuggetfinder”. 😂  

yea just trying to follow the rules 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Go on Simon you can say it…… “Nuggetfinder”. 😂

Both of my 6K aftermarket coils are gonna be from Rohan. 3 of my last 4 Coiltek purchases failed within 6 months of use. The only NF failures Ive had were older SL monos that were left out in the sun for too long....bought second hand.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...