Good take on the clad. When you start hunting jewelry your trash level should go way up so don't worry about that 🙂

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kac said:

Good take on the clad. When you start hunting jewelry your trash level should go way up so don't worry about that 🙂

I generally dig signals that are low, especially 1-10. First gold ring I dug in a beach was a 1, got one on a hill behind me that was a 5. Still not sure how much gold is in each. Got to find time to test them.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

That spoon is awesome ! 

I'd straighten it out and use it ...

To eat your spinachk? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By relic ray
      Ok ok I know, the last time I posted that I found a half cent, it turned out that it was a V NicKLE.
      But yesterday I found an 1852 half cent, except it is a Canadian coin. What's really interesting is that I got out of my car, walked 30 feet, put the coil to the ground, and bang, there it was. This is a rugged hilly and full of trees 1000 acre park. The odds huh!
    • By Kaolin washer
      x35 coil  coin deep  86 gain 2 sweep speed 10.5khzi was in a soccer field just looking for modern targets when up comes an 1891 Indian head penny .

• By F350Platinum
      Went back to the farmhouse today, Chase wanted some detector time so I invited him down. It was a cold morning, 50s and windy but good for the hard work ahead. Chase got there shortly after I did, my first find was a 1990 nickel, and it really didn't get much better. I had to dump my trash bag 4 times, lots of plumbing parts, matchbox car parts again, molten metal and just about everything that gives a false good VDI and tone. Bullet shells, you name it. 😀 The place is getting sort of lean.
      Here's what I got, some of it is interesting:
      The usual clad and memorials, nothing older than 1972. Remains of some kind of brooch with rhinestones, it was pretty mangled but still had 3 stones. A 3 ring bullet flattened, some sort of knob that has a coin edge.
      The most interesting finds aside from the bullet were the aluminum penny token which is about the size of a quarter, and the small brass "E. Faber" fountain pen tip case which contains a small pencil. The token is corroded and broken so that the date doesn't show, just the bottom of the memorial and "One Cent" on the back. 
      It was a fun day, always good to have Chase along. He found some stuff too.
    • By F350Platinum
      Kinda an iffy day today, I was worried it would rain this morning but I drove just outside it to the farmhouse I've been hunting (and mowing). They tilled the field so all the cornstalks were knocked down! This made hunting outside the circle easy.
      Here are the finds, I dug so much trash, most of it was broken Matchbox cars, even a small helicopter. I have dug at least 10 or so cars in parts. Shame, I would much rather dig a coin collection than a matchbox collection. Even dug a Wonder Bread truck! They are everywhere.
      Got the usual clad, all 70's to 2012. 6 wheats from 1911 to 1947. 4 dimes, 3 memorials and 3 Zincolns. I was thrilled to find a piece of Civil War Calvary spur to put in my display box, dug a whole one just like it last time. The brass ring thing is some sort of tack as well.
      The 1911 wheat fooled me, at first I thought I had an IHP, it was so green.
      Best find of the day albeit in parts about 4" apart was the sterling leaf earring. 
      It could be soldered back together, and the screw still works.
    • By PimentoUK
      Here's one for you US coin enthusiasts. A New England shilling, found in a random collection, which also includes a Pine Tree shilling and two 'Continental'  pewter dollars.
      A wealthy family from England, whose ancestors had business with the US in the early colonial days, "discovered" the coin among a random collection of US / British / Spanish coinage assembled by the family in years past:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58982457

Some history of the NE coinage:
      https://coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinIntros/NECoinage.intro.html
    • By F350Platinum
      Finally got around to getting permission to mow a circle in a farm where an old house stood. The grass was at least 12" tall making it tough to search it.
      Beautiful day, started in the 50s, went up to 75, nice breeze, not a cloud in the sky. Loaded up my off road mower and drove down to the farm.
      Only took about an hour to mow the place, I blew all the grass out of the circle. Cut it down to around 4", and also mowed the sides and center of the road. The circle is about an acre. The house stood off to the left. 
      I didn't really start finding a lot until the afternoon, mostly digging molten metal, bits of junk, pull tabs and beer cans.
      Here are the finds, all clad/memorials but for one 1930 wheat penny, and 6 Zincolns. I think I found where the front door was, I dug the keys and then started finding spills of coins, one had at least 6:
      My favorite find of the day was this tag, at first I thought it was a holed large cent but it turned out to be this:
      1930s "Tail Waggers Club" ID tag. TWC started in England in 1929, quickly spread to the US. Apparently from looking at pictures of other tags this is a very low number so it's one of the originals. TWC was a charity for animal rescue and was very successful. It still exists in some form today. It says "I Help My Pals".
      Bonus: they came to till the place in the afternoon, so now I don't have to worry about corn stalks and can find the other 5 buildings.