More Silver Today And A Weeks Worth Of Finds

2 hours ago, Tometusns said:

Congrats Dan, that's a very nice haul!! How are you liking the ctx? One of the guys in the club has that combo (ctx,nox). He's got some cool finds with both. Anyways great treasure hunting trip! Tom

Thanks Tom, it's a great combo for coin shooting, they compliment each other quite nicely.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to More Silver Today And A Weeks Worth Of Finds

My main thought on your posts are “man, that’s just like the good old days!” Certainly makes me want to go try out of the way locations, as there are still some relatively unhunted locations out there. I’ve gotten lazy in that regard, just hitting places close and convenient, but they also have been pounded for decades. Thanks for the inspiration!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My main thought on your posts are “man, that’s just like the good old days!” Certainly makes me want to go try out of the way locations, as there are still some relatively unhunted locations out there. I’ve gotten lazy in that regard, just hitting places close and convenient, but they also have been pounded for decades. Thanks for the inspiration!

I know the feeling Steve, I usually went to the same spots simply as well for the same reasons. Just before I left New Mexico, I started traveling to towns and spots a couple of hours from my house and it started paying off.

Since moving to Texas, I'm doing "cold calls" on parks and such and it has been paying off. You just never know 🙂

• Like 1

On 9/25/2021 at 11:30 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

...Makes me want to go try out of the way locations, as there are still some relatively unhunted locations out there.

On 9/25/2021 at 3:32 PM, Dan(NM) said:

Just before I left New Mexico, I started traveling to towns and spots a couple of hours from my house and it started paying off.

Since moving to Texas, I'm doing "cold calls" on parks and such and it has been paying off. You just never know 🙂

One advantage to driving across country to get to the Western USA gold fields is all the towns I pass through (particularly when not driving Interstate highways).  Sometimes I just 'cold call' (as Dan puts it), when I see a sign or actual park/school.  Better is to use Google Maps the night before, looking for parks/schools in towns I'll be passing through the next day.  So far this hasn't paid off better than a few Wheaties and lots of modern coins.  Searching unhunted parks and schools doesn't mean the oldies are going to jump out of the ground....  In some cases I'm pretty sure I'm not the first.  But as Dan notes, you don't know until you try.

• Like 4